logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
h2video.nl  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 14, 2012 7:59:56 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I had a marathon 12 hours live session yesterday on 12-12-12 and all went well: I used 2 Vmix computers connected together to be sure there would be no problems: Vmix 1 computer for the mixing and titles ( I actually mixed 4 SD inputs on my datavideo harware mixer with output into Vmix 1) and vmix-1 sending the mixed output to Vmix computer-2 used only for sending the Livestream (using FMLE to Ustream as described in the help-files). Both computers also recorded the sessions.

All went well and I had no problems what so ever - except one:

At some point in time my laptop (Vmix 2 with the livestream connection) Solid state disk was full. A message indicated so. But there was no way to stop the recording: the error message keeps popping up that the disk is full - no more space, but the recording is not stopped when you press stop because the error pops up again...

What I did was in the background cut and move some files from the SSD to the HDD, to create space. This got rid of the message and I could stop and start the recording again. Luckily I had my backup running on Vmix-1.

Maybe the program could send a message at 5 or 10% remaining diskspace, alowing to take these precausions before it's too late. And or the recording should be stopped when the disk is full.

For the rest: everybody was impressed with the professional output from Vmix with titles and tickers all custom made on the spot with their own layout. We had 30 people watchin all the time of a total of 750 visitors. Not bad for a first event - hatched about a month ago...

Cheers
Stefan
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 15, 2012 8:17:36 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi Stefan,

Thanks for the report. A disk space warning is definitely something that will be added to a future release.
The reason you could not stop the recording is a certain amount of disk space is required to complete a file, so it keeps prompting until some space is available.
I will probably change this so it automatically stops when less than 500MB of space is reached.

Regards,

Martin
vMix