logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
JimJacobs  
#1 Posted : Friday, December 23, 2016 2:28:08 AM(UTC)
JimJacobs

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 16 post(s)
The new List functionality in vMix 18 is GREAT but in my opinion stops short of fulfilling the functionality it should have in a live production environment. I'd like to see these features implemented.

1. True Drag & Drop functionality within the list. The Up/Down movement arrows are the slowest possible way to rearrange the current layout.

2. Shortcut to Open/Close the LIST tab with Activator capability. All the other Tabs can do this...why not LIST?

3. Activator capability for list short cuts already in place like AUTOMATIC button.

4. To add to #3, some type of main screen signal that lets the Operator know if the LIST is in Automatic or not. Maybe the tab could flash or some type of flashing icon or symbol in the OUTPUT bar. This would allow the operator run various length commercial sets without taking up the additional screen real estate by having the List TAB open. If the signal is flashing, the list will continue playing. If the signal is off, the list will do whatever it's programmed to do at the end of the current clip/commercial it is playing.

5. This one's a reach, but It would be good if you could insert Trigger, Script or various Inputs into LIST functionality. That way you could actually program an Event Log for your production.

We do a ton of live sporting events and use LIST for commercial play out, and I know all of these would make our lives a lot easier.