logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Digitalson  
#1 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 11:20:41 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
When a switcher is using vmix ,even if replay is on different screen a second person cannot operate it,,,,,so my app will be a complete hands free way to use replay.....but when selecting multiple events the shortcut for play selected events to output does not work in 18 ,it only plays the first one ,,,the button does play them fine....also love the stop events shortcut!!.....and is the a way to shuttle thru the bar at bottom via a shortcut?
Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Saturday, December 10, 2016 11:36:11 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
I can check to see if I have any trouble with the play selected clips shortcut on my end.

But vMix will allow multiple users to interface at the same time. I have 4 people who control different aspects of the vMix software independently and simultaneously. I even run dual mice at the same time so the instant replay operator can select clips while I dig around in menus on my main VMix production screen.

Digitalson  
#3 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 11:59:19 AM(UTC)
Digitalson

How can u use 2 mice on one computer? They will just assume the Same input...maybe I am wrong but if so let me know how u are doing it and it can save me a computer.....? And have one screen just for replay would be great,cause it does work great in 18
BETech  
#4 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 12:32:32 PM(UTC)
BETech

Was thanked: 109 time(s) in 71 post(s)
TeamPlayer 4 from DicoLab maybe the solution you are looking for. Cheers.

https://www.dicolab.com/products_teamplayer.html
Digitalson  
#5 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 2:14:12 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Ya mean like a laptop controlling the 2nd screen on the vmix PC?
Cpilcher  
#6 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 2:23:07 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Yes, Team Player is what I use. It has a ton of great features. I originally used it to lock my cursor on my main screen so the mouse icon wouldn't scroll onto the monitor I used as an output to a Jumbotron. Things look really professional until a cursor shows up moving around :-).

With team player you can specify which input device (Mouse / Keyboard) to use for each screen. So I can use 1 PC as if it is 2 seperate systems. You don't need to use a laptop or other computer to accomplish this, you just setup the software so you can independently control the vMix PC.

Chuck

EDIT: Sorry for the confusion. I used "Dual Monitor Tools" to lock my cursor on screen back then. But since switching to vMix you can hide the cursor natively so that is no longer an issue. But Team Player 4 is the software I use to control the 2 mice.
admin  
#7 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 2:54:17 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Digitalson,

I have moved a few of your threads to the Instant Replay forum.
In the future please make sure your posts go to the correct place, feature requests to the Feature Requests forum, Instant Replay questions
here etc.

I would also humbly request you put multiple questions on the same topic into a single thread.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
Digitalson  
#8 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 3:07:59 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Cpilcher wrote:
I can check to see if I have any trouble with the play selected clips shortcut on my end.

But vMix will allow multiple users to interface at the same time. I have 4 people who control different aspects of the vMix software independently and simultaneously. I even run dual mice at the same time so the instant replay operator can select clips while I dig around in menus on my main VMix production screen.

Really interested on how u are doing this...pm me and I can email u....and on same system? Cause on the ob truck I'm building I will be doing like church's ,and college football and basketball games.and the replay system I think can handle it ...I was thinking about a 3 play system.but with ndi in vmix I can export the clips and the editor live can edit a hilight reel in like 5 mins and play it from the timeline with the newtek premiere ndi plugin ...I've tried it and it works real good.....thanks...
Cpilcher  
#9 Posted : Sunday, December 11, 2016 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I'd rather keep the communication on this thread if possible. It will help someone else I'm sure and it is "on topic" with the title. But I'm available if you want to PM me.

First download Team Player at the link that was posted above.

Install the software and run it. There really isn't any settings to adjust to run 2 mice. Just click the Start session button on the window that pops up.

Without the session started you can use both mice to control the 1 cursor. After starting the session another cursor will magically appear and you can control them independently. there is a trial version to test it out and a pro version for 50 bucks that allows you a lot more control. So you have nothing to lose to see if it works for you.

Also you should look in to purchasing a Conour Design - Shuttle Pro v2. This has been configured by the vMix team to work well with vMix Replay and you can use the jog wheel and rotary ring to control the speed and playback of replay live. It has a bunch of customizable buttons as well you can use for other functions making it a complete replay controller for my needs.

Let me know how it goes.

Chuck
Digitalson  
#10 Posted : Monday, December 12, 2016 8:29:26 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

But how can I control the bar on bottom of replay? With a shortcut midi fader? Also really wish speed has +values as well as negative
Cpilcher  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 12:15:24 AM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I control the bar for Replay with the Shuttle Pro v2. But you should be able to use the mouse for that as well. You need to click on the "Live" button on the replay controller and that will allow you to go back and select In/Out points from events that took place earlier. Then click the "Live" button again to tell vMix to use the In/Out points from what is happening currently.

Chuck
Digitalson  
#12 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:09:57 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Thanks chuck ,but if the shuttle controller can access the bottom bar is there a shortcut for this ? Cause I can't find it ....also how is the response of the shuttle controller? Cause some times moving that bar is to much ...like I wish there was a fine mode or ability to zoom in on it with time in the display so u can go right to a certain time quickly.......anyone?
Cpilcher  
#13 Posted : Tuesday, December 13, 2016 10:22:16 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I haven't played around with shortcuts to control the bottom bar. I can take a look later when I get home. But the mouse will let you click and drag through the timeline and go to the desired time or event. It does take some getting used to to not overshoot the spot you are looking for.

The Shuttle will allow you frame by frame control of the timeline so you can really get the correct spot for your replay points. And by holding down the button just to the lower left of the jog wheel you can scrub through by 1 second increments instead of frame by frame. You can find them fairly cheap online, $60 or so and cheaper if you are patient.

Chuck
Digitalson  
#14 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 5:04:36 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Really? I have a stei berg ai controller that has a jog wheel and 10 buttons and sends midi notes ,and the jog wheel presses for another button....I'm wondering if I can map those to this ? But using secs and frames would be great!!
Cpilcher  
#15 Posted : Thursday, December 15, 2016 10:04:54 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

I remember Martin from vMix mentioning it was difficult to program a controller to handle the functions the way the Shuttle Pro Does. It may be possible but I don't know what is involved to get it working. I don't see any shortcuts listed on the help page that would get the job done. If you search the forums you may find the thread where a user was asking about this very topic.

But yes, the Shuttle does do frame and second scrolling natively and it works very well.
Digitalson  
#16 Posted : Friday, December 16, 2016 10:29:19 AM(UTC)
Digitalson

Yea I found one on eBay pretty cheap,I might pick it up to try it.yhat with team player would be very cool for 2 people on one machine,,,,very nice!