logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Laurent  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 4:50:03 AM(UTC)
Laurent

Groups: Registered

Hello,

i actually use wirecast to stream and record, with multiple video sources, i have discover Vmix a week ago and i am testing it.

First wirecast seems more easy to use, BUT Vmix seems very powerful with less cpu usage.

I thnik i will change, but i have some questions :
How can i create custom title template in Vmix (wirecast is very friendly for that, i have just to edit an xml file) ?
How can i have 3 differents shoots in Vmix with the same video source, for example 2 fullscreen view, and 1 PIP. In wirecast i just prepare the 3 shoots, and it is very simple, but i can not duplicate a shoot in Vmix and is i want to use a PIP i have to change the view in the shoot...i can not prepare it ?

For my first testing, i notice that Vmix use less CPU, Vmix allow to stream with FMLE (better quality than wirecast), Vmix have instant replay (and this is very very good), and last but not least Vmix is priceless...

I succeed to connect 2 webcams (Logitech C910, C270), and 2 firewire source (Sony HD9 - Canoplus ADVC 55) on the same laptop and it works fine.

I actually have some little problems with source/output resolutions (i have a small green line on the right of the picture in FMLE), but i am just beginning with Vmix and i think i will solve this...

Thanks for your replies, and thanks for Vmix, it is great !
ClementN  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 5:54:09 AM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Hello Laurent,

Welcome! :)

Laurent wrote:

First wirecast seems more easy to use, BUT Vmix seems very powerful with less cpu usage.

In fact, Wirecast only seems to be easier to use. In reality, vMix is closer to the professional (hardware) mixers.

Laurent wrote:

How can i create custom title template in Vmix (wirecast is very friendly for that, i have just to edit an xml file) ?

There are different ways.
The easiest one is to just copy and existing set of files from the "titles" folder from a title rename it and change the custom info into the file. That way you created a new title set.

Laurent wrote:

How can i have 3 differents shoots in Vmix with the same video source, for example 2 fullscreen view, and 1 PIP. In wirecast i just prepare the 3 shoots, and it is very simple, but i can not duplicate a shoot in Vmix and is i want to use a PIP i have to change the view in the shoot...i can not prepare it ?

vMix is PiP ready.

Anyway, for whatever reason you want to have multiple modules using the same source (capture) you should use the "overlay" system.

For example, create a "Colour" module (you can even create a "transparent" one. Then, double-click on that module for its settings.
Into the pop-up screen go to the "Multi View" tab and set as "Overly 1" or other the source module you want.

There you can play with boxes and PiP, too..

Good luck,
Clement

thanks 1 user thanked ClementN for this useful post.
Laurent on 11/23/2012(UTC)
melody  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 21, 2012 6:58:40 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi laurent, welcome...

about the green line, it is related with the Output format (Settings -> Performance). it must be the same that your video sources.

so, i used wirecast in some productions and used vidblaster for a long time before vMix and, as all softwares, all of them have advantages and disadvantages. in my opinion, vmix is the most balanced software for windows environment. with vmix you can do the same job than the "others" with better results. Martin, respected Administrator, is updating vMix all the time and implementing new features to improve this great software.

hope that you have a great relationship with vMix.

regards,
melody
www.espiritosanto.cc
Laurent  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 5:56:21 AM(UTC)
Laurent

Thanks ClementN & Melody,

i 'am still testing Vmix, i find it very very good, and i succeed to do what i want thanks to your advices.

My biggest problem is not with Vmix, it is with FMLE !
I have to stream live, and to record (in H264) in the same time, the problem is that when you record a h264 file with FMLE the medatada are not include in the file, and it is a big problem for me when i want to stream the file again.
When i record the H264 file with wirecast, metadata are include and i have no problem with the recorded file...
melody  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 23, 2012 10:25:42 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

well, maybe you can edit metadata at the end of your production. try this:

http://www.ehow.com/how_...edit-video-metadata.html

regards,

melody
www.espiritosanto.cc