logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
antardwip  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:55:58 AM(UTC)
antardwip

Groups: Registered

Apart from the iPhone which I heard does work, is there anyone out there who knows of an IP camera that works with vMix with audio that stays in sync?
I spent £300 on a Vivotex that has a huge - and ever-increasing - lag.
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 12:04:22 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
Here's my take on this. It reflects my background, which includes 20 years in broadcast production and 10 years in IP telecom/video conferencing.

Surveillance cameras treat audio as an afterthought. It doesn't surprise me that they don't maintain sync sound. Most especially at the low end of the market. There's just not enough money in it, or motivation to get the details rights.

I prefer Grandstream cameras specifically because the company comes from a heritage of VoIP/Telecom. In telecom low-latency and sync sound area an absolute must.

They're multiprotocol capable. I can take the video stream via RTMP and the audio via SIP, which effectively a separate path using a soft phone on my vMix PC as the receive side.

Since I know SIP well I haven't bothered even trying to get the audio via the same stream as the video. I gather that this is possible since NVRs capture audio.