logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
antardwip  
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 13, 2014 10:45:15 AM(UTC)
antardwip

Groups: Registered

I recently bought an rtsp ip camera with H.264, the TP-link TL-SC3230. However hard I tried, I couldn't get it to work in vMix. However I read the following on this website

Quote:
"VMix is a software video mixer and switcher. Amongst the many features it offers, it includes the ability to add an RTSP stream as an input source. This means that you can add IP cameras which support the H.264 compression by adding the RTSP URL as a source in VMix. VMix includes both a video and an audio DirectShow filters which allows both the camera video and audio feed to be sent to FMLE or your choice of live encoder. This is a good solution for IP cameras which capture audio in addition to video"

That would be great if I knew which camera would do video AND AUDIO and would work with vMix - has anyone any experience of such an ip camera? Searching the forums, I have only come up with two names of IP cameras that work without audio - the D-Link DCS-5222L and the Vivotec IP8162p. I recently got the Teredek cube, recommended by vMix, which is amazing. So I know getting recommended compatible hardware makes all the difference.

But especially as audio would be a great addition, without having a make that works, the risk is too costly.

All help in this regard very gratefully appreciated.
MatthewEarley  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 14, 2015 7:51:54 PM(UTC)
MatthewEarley

Hello Antardwip (or anyone else),

Were you able to get your H.264 IP camera's working with vMix? I am researching cameras capable of delivering 1080p at 30 FPS. Previously I was looking at USB, but would also like to consider H.264 IP camreas for greater flexibility.

Thank you,
Matthew
mjgraves  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, July 15, 2015 11:03:04 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
I can confirm that Grandstream GXV Series cameras work with vMix. I have two installed as part of a surveillance suite, but have pulled them into vMix experimentally. They deliver full resolution, full frame rate.

Michael
antardwip  
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 16, 2015 11:21:53 AM(UTC)
antardwip

Hi Matthew,

We have successfully used the HIK visions in VMIX but they don't do audio. But great pictures in vMix.

We do have a Vivotek IP8162P Full HD 2MP P-Iris WDR Fixed Network Camera - but haven't tried it yet. It has AAC audio which is the requirement for vMix - can't try it out for a month or two yet.

ys

Antardwip
antardwip  
#5 Posted : Monday, March 28, 2016 5:24:42 AM(UTC)
antardwip

march 27th 2016 - and we just installed the above Vivotek - it works a treat - great wide-angle which can be zoomed, and audio works also.
The browser software doesn't show video in any browser - I think the software for the browsers now is unsupported. But you can still ajdust things like the internal mic audio volume in the browser software, and I suppose anything else.
I am not a picture quality expert, but I am really happy to get audio and video working.I like the picture.
I believe there are cheaper solutions to audio and video in vmix ip cameras now available.

However, the audio quickly deteriorates - not sure why. Like it has to skip parts of the audio to keep up with the video.
stigaard  
#6 Posted : Thursday, March 31, 2016 7:53:32 AM(UTC)
stigaard

Man
Denmark

Was thanked: 100 time(s) in 79 post(s)
I've been using IP cameras successfully in vMix.

The model I bought was this dome camera: Qihan QH-NV470SO-P (costed $ 100). It supports 1080p30 RTSP stream. It have a delay of approx 400-500 ms.

I figured out the url of the rtsp stream searching on google, finding the solution: "rtsp://ip-addr/tcp_live/ch0_0"
livepad  
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 2, 2016 1:32:58 PM(UTC)
livepad

Was thanked: 46 time(s) in 32 post(s)
antardwip wrote:
I recently bought an rtsp ip camera with H.264, the TP-link TL-SC3230. However hard I tried, I couldn't get it to work in vMix. However I read the following on this website

Quote:
"VMix is a software video mixer and switcher. Amongst the many features it offers, it includes the ability to add an RTSP stream as an input source. This means that you can add IP cameras which support the H.264 compression by adding the RTSP URL as a source in VMix. VMix includes both a video and an audio DirectShow filters which allows both the camera video and audio feed to be sent to FMLE or your choice of live encoder. This is a good solution for IP cameras which capture audio in addition to video"

That would be great if I knew which camera would do video AND AUDIO and would work with vMix - has anyone any experience of such an ip camera? Searching the forums, I have only come up with two names of IP cameras that work without audio - the D-Link DCS-5222L and the Vivotec IP8162p. I recently got the Teredek cube, recommended by vMix, which is amazing. So I know getting recommended compatible hardware makes all the difference.

But especially as audio would be a great addition, without having a make that works, the risk is too costly.

All help in this regard very gratefully appreciated.

An IP Video Camera you might already own....... your iPhone.

Just add NDICam: http://sienna.tv/ndi

Low latency NDI Video and Audio Stream from iPhone or iPad to VMix (v17)
antardwip  
#8 Posted : Thursday, November 24, 2016 5:52:19 AM(UTC)
antardwip

iPhone is great - however I will be leaving the camera working 24/7 in India, and an iPhone is hard to screw to the wall!
Does anyone know of ANY IP camera that works with video and audio in sync with vMix?