logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
boris9831  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 3:16:24 PM(UTC)
boris9831

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 5 post(s)
I have Tom Sinclair to thank for turning me on to vMix. I was an avid user of the other one (also has a V in it) and now am convinced (even though I had a full license) that vMix was is way to go for my current and future clients.

Tom also turned me on to the PTZOptics camera line and I was able to get one of my key clients to purchase one (along with replacing Wirecast). The specs and optics of the camera and the Virtual Camera capability of VMix is what sold this client on both. They will probably order another PTZ before to long.

One of the things that took me a while to internalize (which makes me a streaming idiot) is that the virtual camera input when selected goes to both the Preview and Output screens (if you already have another virtual camera in the Output). Also, the input display is updated to the same image in both the Preview and Output inputs. Or another way to put it is that Preview updates the previous input if a virtual camera was in the Output (wow).

I realize that the vMix help file says "The basic work flow involves swapping between the two cameras, paying careful attention to make sure the movement of a camera is complete in Preview before switching it to Output." In this case we only have one camera. Perhaps in a future release the Input graphic can remain "static" no matter where the camera is positioned.

By the way my work around for removing the camera movements is to use a black overlay. By turning the black input overlay on I can position the camera through "Quick Play" and then turn the overlay off which only takes a few seconds. Any thoughts on a better way to do this would be appreciated. A macro program may help?

Boris