logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
djevo1  
#1 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 6:50:53 PM(UTC)
djevo1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Our current setup utilizes two cameras. Our primary camera is perfectly in time with the audio, however the second camera is delayed. We can't delay the audio is it would cause the first camera to loose sync. Is there a way to sync all cameras and audio in vmix?
ask  
#2 Posted : Monday, October 31, 2016 9:53:11 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
djevo1 wrote:
Our current setup utilizes two cameras. Our primary camera is perfectly in time with the audio, however the second camera is delayed. We can't delay the audio is it would cause the first camera to loose sync. Is there a way to sync all cameras and audio in vmix?

There are many reasons this might happen. Can you describe your system in detail? Start with the cameras, how you are bringing them in to your computer, the vMix version you are using and how you are bringing in audio.....

Tom C  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 7:55:35 AM(UTC)
Tom C

I have been following this post because Iam seeing the same issue. Not much action here so I guess I'll hijack this thread.
I have a Logitech 930 and a 920. They are brought in via usb3 ports to an Asus laptop. My audio is a Plantronics wireless with the receiver in the usb2 port on the laptop. The camera audio is off.
I have the plantronics delayed 150 ms and that gets the 920 spot on, but with the 930, the audio leads the video by about 7 frames on the recording.
I record MP4 high 264 30 fps and then takes that into Final Cut Pro 10 to check the timing of the audio vs video. I clap my hands in front of the camera then slow a section of the clip 25% so I can see the Scync. This scync is ok, but I will have to only use the 930 for shots that don't include talking heads, or separate the audio in FCPX and adjust the scync.
Any help would be appreciated. Oh I have whatever version of vMix that was available for download last month. 17 . ?.?
Peter B  
#4 Posted : Saturday, November 12, 2016 4:08:18 PM(UTC)
Peter B

Man

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 36 post(s)
DJ, I was thinking that you could use the video delay input to delay the non delayed camera to match the delayed one but the minimum delay is 1sec that will probably be too much.

Maybe the action replay can delay by frames ?

Having the ability to delay video by frames would be a good feature request. We have this issue with our USB cams in our Radio studio as they are different despite being the same model.