logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
sdonn  
#1 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 12:30:24 PM(UTC)
sdonn

Groups: Registered

Hi there. I am new to this so forgive me if this is a basic question. I have looked in the forum but couldnt find an answer.

I want to play a precorded video, cut to a live webcam feed for 60 seconds and then cut back to another prerecorded video. I can see that the trigger function works for prerecorded video, but will this product let me play a live webcam feed for a certain duration and then move on to a prerecorded video without me having to press any buttons?
I cant see any options for a live webcam feed to only last a certain amount of time.
Thanks
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 1:42:18 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ sdonn

Have you explored options with the "Playlist" and "Triggers" features?
The "Triggers" feature is somewhat limited in my experience when it comes to extended 'delays' but your situation may actually benefit from using both feature sets to accomplish your objectives.

Ice
sdonn  
#3 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 3:34:08 PM(UTC)
sdonn

Thanks for your help. Triggers dont seem to work with the live feeds as there is nowhere to set a time for it to run for.
Playlists appear to just play various imputs one after each other so I dont think that will help either.
Thanks anyway
Simon
Henny  
#4 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 5:20:38 PM(UTC)
Henny

Man

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 20 post(s)
How about using a 60second clip with the live overlayed over it so v-mix sees it as a video clip with a duration then use triggers on this
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Thursday, November 10, 2016 8:40:49 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ sdonn

I agree that the "Trigger" feature has limitations with regards to live camera Inputs, but as Henny mentions, there are workarounds that will work for you. Also, I'm not sure I understand why you think the "Playlist" wont help. It's an "automation" feature that will allow you to switch to specific Inputs (like a live webcam) for a specific amount of time (like 1 minute and 0 seconds) and automatically switch to another Input of your choice (like another pre-recorded video), which as near as I can tell is exactly what you want.
Perhaps you can elaborate a little bit more about your specific needs which may provide more clarity as to whether what you want to accomplish is possible or not.

Ice
sdonn  
#6 Posted : Friday, November 11, 2016 7:11:49 AM(UTC)
sdonn

Thanks everyone, you were right all along. The playlist duration fields worked in the end. I must have incorrectly used it the first time.
I now have it playing 2 short clips follwed by 60 seconds of live greenscreen.
Thank you!!