logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tdurhamjr  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:33:31 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 23 time(s) in 21 post(s)
Hey Martin (or anyone),
I got an email that Livestream Broadcaster Mini is now available for preorder ($295 USD). Can this device be used in vMix? It would be really sweet if this could be used in vMix. Now we could have multiple "Wireless HD Cameras" :)

http://new.livestream.com/broadcaster-mini

Thanks,

Tim
r@wisla  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:43:58 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
It sure is compatible as device that stream from vMix :)

I don't think Livestream is interested in allowing to use their (subsidized or almost subsidized - I guess) Broadcaster as a wireless camera source to software other then Livestream Studio.
tdurhamjr  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, March 3, 2015 5:51:34 PM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

r@wisla wrote:

I don't think Livestream is interested in allowing to use their (subsidized or almost subsidized - I guess) Broadcaster as a wireless camera source to software other then Livestream Studio.

That is what I am looking for :) Do anyone have any "long range" wireless HDMI transmitters that work well? I have to believe that this year or certainly by next year, reasonably priced transmitters will hit the market. There are some out there but they are BIG dollars. I have used the Nyrius wireless HDMI with some success but it is not the solution. I really want to find some 500 foot HDMI wireless and then I will be in great shape! right now there are the very expensive "Pro" models or the inexpensive home models. But nothing in between.

Tim
richardgatarski  
#4 Posted : Thursday, March 5, 2015 4:27:28 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
tdurhamjr wrote:
I really want to find some 500 foot HDMI wireless and then I will be in great shape! right now there are the very expensive "Pro" models or the inexpensive home models. But nothing in between.

Sorry, but you can forget that. Such long ranges implies wireless spectrum needs that simply is not available on the consumer market. Sure, there are solutions. But as you write that means Pro=high priced.
Ash  
#5 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 1:01:10 AM(UTC)
Ash

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 8 post(s)
Been watching developments in drone area with some interest as they have specific long range requirements. Most has been in low end video until this

http://www.riseabove.com...WxrbK2kMQCFVIAvAod40cAVg

Only item I don't like about it is the frequency. If anyone has deep pockets give it a go and post here.

It also has up and down links to control the drone could be handy for remoting a camera pan tile etc.

richardgatarski wrote:
tdurhamjr wrote:
I really want to find some 500 foot HDMI wireless and then I will be in great shape! right now there are the very expensive "Pro" models or the inexpensive home models. But nothing in between.

Sorry, but you can forget that. Such long ranges implies wireless spectrum needs that simply is not available on the consumer market. Sure, there are solutions. But as you write that means Pro=high priced.

tdurhamjr  
#6 Posted : Friday, March 6, 2015 8:55:03 AM(UTC)
tdurhamjr

Thanks Ash!
Ash wrote:
http://www.riseabove.com.au/products/dji-lightbridge-2-4g-full-hd-digital-video-downlink-with-charger.html?gclid=CIWxrbK2kMQCFVIAvAod40cAVg

Now that is starting to get in the ball park of a decent price range. I am hopefully going to start building my drone sometime soon and this would be a nice addition to that :) However, my main desire is to be able to 1) Have a remote camera person that is wireless or 2) Setup a camera anywhere mounted on a 3 axis gimbal.

I also found this one for $1400 but have not found any reviews on it. Range is 450 feet with <1ms latency where the DJI above has up to 80ms latency.
http://www.paralinx.net/...e/paralinx-triton-system

Prices on these things will continue to drop and I think within 2 years long range HD Video will be the norm, not the exception.

Tim
r@wisla  
#7 Posted : Monday, March 30, 2015 3:48:30 PM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Let me modify the first question. It's maybe more a feature request.

Could Teradek Vidiu (or vidiu mini) be a video source for vMix?

There were a cooperation vMix and Teradek mentioned some time ago. As we can see in Teradek Live:air app Vidiu can be used not only for streaming to cdn but also as a video source when in local network.

Martin? :)
trilive  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, June 2, 2015 12:53:47 PM(UTC)
trilive

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
You can, but not directly. You need to install a Wowza Streaming Engine on your Computer or use one in the cloud. This allows you to push RTMP into Vmix.

Jürgen
LoisRPainter  
#9 Posted : Thursday, October 6, 2016 11:58:15 PM(UTC)
LoisRPainter

I learn that Live streaming is the next big thing in production. It not only excites YouTube producers and Twitch gamers but also news channels and event managers. All big events are now live streamed to billions of users worldwide. It has become part of the ever growing network on the internet and continues to grow by a massive percent every year. So I think it can be used.

Drone Photography Perth