logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Rob Papen  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 3:08:32 AM(UTC)
Rob Papen

Groups: Registered

Hi,

Would love to stream live, but as expected a huge problem is 'audio'.
Are there others that use successful vMix with music software? Like Cubase and so on...

I downloaded the demo, but the audio of the music program does not pop-up in vMix.
I loaded a video to check if all audio if correct working and this works.
But if I start the music program, audio can be heard but doesn't show up in vMix.

First I start the Music program and this I mix to the 'left and right input' again to have audio for another program.
This works with Camtasia for audio capture.

But with vMix this trick doesn't seem to work...or I do something wrong.

Anyhow, if anybody using vMix with audio music programs, let me know how to arrange the audio.

Thanks in advance,

Rob
Rob Papen  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 10:42:41 AM(UTC)
Rob Papen

Hi guys,

No luck until now with this.
Pity, I like the vMix software. Has some nice features compared to others.
But also there, no luck.

Cheers,
Rob
Mathijs  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:00:39 PM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
Install something like virtual audio cable. That way you can patch and route audio between different applications.
NiBTour  
#4 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:07:14 PM(UTC)
NiBTour

Man
United States

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Rob Papen wrote:
Hi guys,

No luck until now with this.
Pity, I like the vMix software. Has some nice features compared to others.
But also there, no luck.

Cheers,
Rob

This is done very easy with a mixer or like Mathijs said to use. Virtual Cable or any other virtual audio cable package does it very nicely.

-king
Ittaidv  
#5 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 1:30:31 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
Hey Rob,

I'm a huge fan of your synths, still using albino 2 once in a while after so many years!
As Matthijs said: Virtual audio cable!
Can't wait to see your livestreams which you are obviously preparing :)
Rob Papen  
#6 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 2:28:34 PM(UTC)
Rob Papen

Hi,

Thanks guys for the kind words :D

At Facebook I posted and did get some good help.
Indeed VB Cable I am using now and on the insert of Cubase its master the 'VOXENGO RECORDER'.
'Voxengo Recorder' should have the right setting (record to MME) and the 'Virtual cable input' selected.
Then 'start' and indeed audio show up.
But not in vMix.............

Somebody pointed me out another program and there it worked indeed.
With vMix it seems that the moment you select a program that runs ASIO, that the audio of vMix stops.
Maybe I still overlook something, but IMO it doesn't work on my system at least with vMix.
Pity, because I liked the features it has.

Thanks for the help guys and indeed, streaming on Facebook and YouTube is the plan with the upcoming Predator 2
:D

Rob

mjgraves  
#7 Posted : Saturday, September 17, 2016 5:52:29 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
A lot of what I do are video conference type things involving bi-directional audio. As such I really don't make much use of the audio functions inside vMix.

I mostly use VoiceMeeter Banana, which is from the same company that offers Virtual Audio Cables. It handles multiple mix-minus setups easily.

Further, it has a capability called VBAN that allows multiple instances of the software to be connected over a LAN. In this way you can have a PC dedicated to playback of musical stings, etc.

VMB has ASIO capability, but I've not used it.

You then bring all of it together at the vMix PC to feed the live stream.
Rob Papen  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 7:16:13 AM(UTC)
Rob Papen

mjgraves wrote:
A lot of what I do are video conference type things involving bi-directional audio. As such I really don't make much use of the audio functions inside vMix.

I mostly use VoiceMeeter Banana, which is from the same company that offers Virtual Audio Cables. It handles multiple mix-minus setups easily.

Further, it has a capability called VBAN that allows multiple instances of the software to be connected over a LAN. In this way you can have a PC dedicated to playback of musical stings, etc.

VMB has ASIO capability, but I've not used it.

You then bring all of it together at the vMix PC to feed the live stream.

Okay. Combining audio in a normal setup is IMO not an issue at all with vMix.
Problem happens, the moment one program uses ASIO and in my case it would be Cubase or Reason for streaming videos.
The moment you use it, vMix does refuse the audio that comes out of the music program.
Even with using Voxengo recorder and VB input, the audio doesn't show up.

I liked the user interface of vMix and the features. But it is not going to work out for me.
Another streaming program works well, so this is the one I am going to use.

Thanks for the input and help

Rob
Len56  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 9:14:52 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 23 post(s)
Okay try this
1. Click Start, type sound in start search box and click on the sound icon.
2. Select speakers
3. Click Properties
4. Select Advanced tab
5. Uncheck " allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "give exclusive mode applications priority" checkboxes.
6. Click Apply and ok.
7. restart your computer

This should let you use more than one programme at a time.
Rob Papen  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 10:19:17 AM(UTC)
Rob Papen

Len56 wrote:
Okay try this
1. Click Start, type sound in start search box and click on the sound icon.
2. Select speakers
3. Click Properties
4. Select Advanced tab
5. Uncheck " allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" and "give exclusive mode applications priority" checkboxes.
6. Click Apply and ok.
7. restart your computer

This should let you use more than one programme at a time.

Thanks. Did try also this one. Included the audio routing tricks. But the audio doesn't show up.
vMix has also trouble to catching the Cubase screen. I have to re-select it several time before it appears.
Maybe because Cubase is 64bit and vMix still 32bit?

Anyhow, thanks for giving another possible solution.

Rob
Len56  
#11 Posted : Tuesday, September 20, 2016 1:54:35 PM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

But vMix is not just 32bit it is 64bit, go into the vMix folder in the start / progammes menu and you will find the 64bit version there.
Rob Papen  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 4:41:50 AM(UTC)
Rob Papen

Len56 wrote:
But vMix is not just 32bit it is 64bit, go into the vMix folder in the start / progammes menu and you will find the 64bit version there.

Just did check and the 'screen' of Cubase pops up now from the start.
Unfortunately the audio still doesn't pop up.

Currently there is only one program on PC that can be used for streaming and using music software at the same time.
Anyhow, thanks for looking into it and helping out.
I am un-installing vMix now. Pity since I like the features and user interface.

Regards,
Rob Papen
Len56  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 10:32:56 AM(UTC)
Len56

Man
United Kingdom

Hi Rob,

Let me first start by saying what a honour it is to be talking to you, you are such an amazing guy, your music is beautiful and your virtual instruments are fantastic I have been looking for a virtual instrument that could play guitar notes and cords and I have now found one in your virtual instrument the RG I must get this, I have been writing music on and off since the late 80s and always loved electronic music I used to play in bands myself as a bass player but had to give it up due to arthritis as I couldn't stand for long hours, I'm using Logic Pro X these days to record my music.

It's such a shame you are not able to get your audio working in vMix as it is a great piece of software and very easy to use. Are you setting vMix up properly to get your audio device into vMix and what audio device are you using?

The only other way would be to use two separate computers, one for Cubase and the other for vMix you can connect them both together via NDI Ethernet.

Perhaps you could do some screen dumps of how you have vMix setup in the settings, make sure you are using the ASIO drivers in vMIx.

Len

Buy the way I am listening to your music now on youtube.
Rob Papen  
#14 Posted : Wednesday, September 21, 2016 1:38:32 PM(UTC)
Rob Papen

Len56 wrote:
Hi Rob,

Let me first start by saying what a honour it is to be talking to you, you are such an amazing guy, your music is beautiful and your virtual instruments are fantastic I have been looking for a virtual instrument that could play guitar notes and cords and I have now found one in your virtual instrument the RG I must get this, I have been writing music on and off since the late 80s and always loved electronic music I used to play in bands myself as a bass player but had to give it up due to arthritis as I couldn't stand for long hours, I'm using Logic Pro X these days to record my music.

It's such a shame you are not able to get your audio working in vMix as it is a great piece of software and very easy to use. Are you setting vMix up properly to get your audio device into vMix and what audio device are you using?

The only other way would be to use two separate computers, one for Cubase and the other for vMix you can connect them both together via NDI Ethernet.

Perhaps you could do some screen dumps of how you have vMix setup in the settings, make sure you are using the ASIO drivers in vMIx.

Len

Buy the way I am listening to your music now on youtube.

Hi Len,

Thanks for the kind words :D
Arthritis is also popping up in my family. Lucky enough I am still spared from it. Bass is of course physical much more exhausting then keyboard.
So pity that you can play it anymore, but a whole world of instruments open indeed in todays computer! :o
I can't play guitar either... RG is a cool groove machine. It can't do everything, but what it does...it does cool :D

About streaming. vMix is not the only one with trouble. Year ago I did my first attempt and even purchased another one, in the hope that it had more features (can't recall the name anymore, but was related to ustream).
I did try also another one, which these game guys use allot. Xsplit it was.

After many hours I almost gave up, but Facebook did help out (did ask if anybody could help out) and the only way currently possible on PC is using 'Voxengo recorder' with 'VB cable'.
This trick works with OBS, but no other streaming software I did try here.

So I am up and running now and hopefully I stream soon about our new product (Predator 2) or simply while making some sounds. Will be fun :D
vMix has some nice additional feature, so pitty that it doesn't work.

Anyhow, enjoy making music!

Cheers,
Rob
Digitalson  
#15 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:22:34 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
yes,,in fact i just did a show that i automated camera shots from the tracks with markers outputting midi commands,,,it was very nice,this way i knew exactly what camera should be on when a solo was going on or a big drum fill,,,,real easy to do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Digitalson  
#16 Posted : Wednesday, September 28, 2016 4:27:00 PM(UTC)
Digitalson

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
oh if u are running cubase and vmix on the same comp ,,,i just run a pair of outs to ins,,,i use the aes out right to the aes in and in cubase route one of the phones to that out so i could get main mix or a different mix to vmix