logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ittaidv  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 3, 2016 3:19:01 PM(UTC)
Ittaidv

Groups: Registered
Man
Belgium

Was thanked: 91 time(s) in 75 post(s)
I see lots of requests with people who want to have more access to data from their hardware.

There's my request for a losing frames alarm, others who want to see gpu usage,..

Wouldn't it be nice if we have some kind of 'monitoring mode', where on each in/output on the preview screen we see all kinds of statistics?

Things like fps, lost frames, buffersize, gpu usage, latency,.. all displayed on the inputs and outputs as an overlay.

Mixing video on a computer is still a risky business in my opinion, even if you keep your setup unchanged for some time, there is always a gig where you need to replace/change things and have no idea what impact this will have on overall stability/performance. One new mouse or midi device can destroy the performance of a usb soundcard if you're unlucky.

If we can closely monitor stuff right in vmix during testing of a new setup or after small tweaks or changes of the system, this would be great. Also during gigs where the limits of the system are pushed, it would be great to be able to monitor stuff.

Off course there's tons of tools you could run outside of vmix on a second or third monitor, but it's not really convenient.

When i'm testing i'm using the following software next to vmix:

- hwmonitor (temperatures, gpu usage, fan speed,..)
- latencymon (soundcard latency, dropouts)
- task manager (overall system performance)
- Microsoft Network Monitor (to analyse streaming behaviour)

Mathijs  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 4, 2016 9:52:19 AM(UTC)
Mathijs

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 72 post(s)
+1
Murchik  
#3 Posted : Friday, September 16, 2016 8:25:03 AM(UTC)
Murchik

Man
Ukraine

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Ittaidv wrote:
I see lots of requests with people who want to have more access to data from their hardware.

There's my request for a losing frames alarm, others who want to see gpu usage,..

Wouldn't it be nice if we have some kind of 'monitoring mode', where on each in/output on the preview screen we see all kinds of statistics?

Things like fps, lost frames, buffersize, gpu usage, latency,.. all displayed on the inputs and outputs as an overlay.

Mixing video on a computer is still a risky business in my opinion, even if you keep your setup unchanged for some time, there is always a gig where you need to replace/change things and have no idea what impact this will have on overall stability/performance. One new mouse or midi device can destroy the performance of a usb soundcard if you're unlucky.

If we can closely monitor stuff right in vmix during testing of a new setup or after small tweaks or changes of the system, this would be great. Also during gigs where the limits of the system are pushed, it would be great to be able to monitor stuff.

Off course there's tons of tools you could run outside of vmix on a second or third monitor, but it's not really convenient.

When i'm testing i'm using the following software next to vmix:

- hwmonitor (temperatures, gpu usage,)

+1