logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
isaia  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2012 8:32:03 PM(UTC)
isaia

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi
First I would like to say thank you for this great software.
We support this project and we purchased the license.

We use it to mix video content for live streaming and the demo worked well at that time we were using v3 , we purchased a license when v4 came out, and offcourse thinking that v4 would be better we uninstalled v3 and installed v4.
We have only one camera, one block with photos cycling and a title (some text scrolling at the bottom of the video). We have saved the pre-set, and every time we start the sermons we start the camera and the streaming pc, we start vMix, and load the present.
The pre-set loads all blocks but there is only one Critical problem, the audio from the camera not working at all.
After alot of testing I manage to get it working by closing the camera input and ADDING it back but audio works only if VRM is CLICKED, not sure what the difference is, but I guess you do :)
I have to say that when we first installed it in demo it worked well keeping the setting of all inputs including corresponding audio inputs. And starts doing this after v4 install, but we reverted the v3 and problem is still there.
We used before adobe FMLE and even now when vMix is failing the FMLE works.
Must be something related to how vMix is looking for VIDEO and AUDIO inputs and puts them together, not knowing witch video input should work with what audio input.
I could not find any setting there to manually tie one video input with one audio input.
This could be seen as a V6 necessity, as maybe someone would like to mix some audio with a different video from a different source. By default.
Still until then can you please let me know how to fix my problems as for the moment we cannot use vMix at all as it is useless without audio.

What Hardware software we have:
OS win 7 64 bit
Hardware capture card, avermedia
http://www.avermedia-usa...roductDetail.aspx?Id=482

admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 2, 2012 9:35:33 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi,

There are a couple of reasons why the audio may not be working and I would like to work with you to get this resolved.

Could you provide a screenshot of Add Input window with all your capture settings including audio filled in.
I have attached a screenshot as an example of what I would like to have a look at.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix
admin attached the following image(s):
screenshot.png (40kb) downloaded 55 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
isaia  
#3 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 4:42:12 AM(UTC)
isaia

Hi

Thank you for our reply.
I am sorry for the delay but I only have access to the streaming system on sundays :) (CHURCH Day)

I have upgraded to version 5 and still same problems.
Once the preset loaded all slides apear but no sound detected on the Camera input.

I have took some screenshots of what you requested.

What i did this Saturday is: i have mixed video on vMix and on adobe encoder software i did choose vmix video input and audio input from the capture card, and is working but there is a sync problem between video and audio introduced by procesing delays.

still I would prefere a vMix solution to get this fixed. :)

thank you

also i do not have the right to post images on this forum :) so attaching documentation it is imposible to post documentation.
i will do my best to upload them on a external website for preview.
watchfulone  
#4 Posted : Monday, September 10, 2012 3:28:06 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
isaia wrote:
Hi
First I would like to say thank you for this great software.
We support this project and we purchased the license.

We use it to mix video content for live streaming and the demo worked well at that time we were using v3 , we purchased a license when v4 came out, and offcourse thinking that v4 would be better we uninstalled v3 and installed v4.
We have only one camera, one block with photos cycling and a title (some text scrolling at the bottom of the video). We have saved the pre-set, and every time we start the sermons we start the camera and the streaming pc, we start vMix, and load the present.
The pre-set loads all blocks but there is only one Critical problem, the audio from the camera not working at all.
After alot of testing I manage to get it working by closing the camera input and ADDING it back but audio works only if VRM is CLICKED, not sure what the difference is, but I guess you do :)
I have to say that when we first installed it in demo it worked well keeping the setting of all inputs including corresponding audio inputs. And starts doing this after v4 install, but we reverted the v3 and problem is still there.
We used before adobe FMLE and even now when vMix is failing the FMLE works.
Must be something related to how vMix is looking for VIDEO and AUDIO inputs and puts them together, not knowing witch video input should work with what audio input.
I could not find any setting there to manually tie one video input with one audio input.
This could be seen as a V6 necessity, as maybe someone would like to mix some audio with a different video from a different source. By default.
Still until then can you please let me know how to fix my problems as for the moment we cannot use vMix at all as it is useless without audio.

What Hardware software we have:
OS win 7 64 bit
Hardware capture card, avermedia
http://www.avermedia-usa...roductDetail.aspx?Id=482

I use the same video card from advermedia in my setup and it works fine with audio and streaming using FMLE, EVERY Sunday Service at my Church.
I'll send you some screen shots of my setup using this card, But i still think you need to give more detail about the camera, pc, and your setup. And When you input the camera try using vMix Audio instread of vMix sound.
isaia  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 6:14:12 AM(UTC)
isaia

thank you for keeping this post open and help on fixing this problem.

the capture images can be found here : Capture IMG

as specs , we have
capture card: http://www.avermedia-usa...roductDetail.aspx?Id=482
camera is a HDC-SD20 Panasonic (we use component out and we use audio from the camera.)

symptoms: sometimes it does not pickup the audio (video input works without problems but no sound)
Even if it works and we happy with all settings and we save the preset, if vmix closed and reopen, on preset load the video is picked up without problems but the audio is not present. At the same moment if i close vmix and open FMLE to test if camera is pushing audio signal every time checked i have found that audio is present and working.

on the capture card we use the secondary Input the ANALOG capture for COMPONENT input and the audio should be automatically selected as secondary analog input audio.

I will try to uninstall everything and re install back including capture card drivers, as there is nothing else i can think of ATM.
admin  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:18:37 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Thanks for the screenshots.
I have that model of capture card here for testing.
Over the past couple of days I have tested adding it to vMix multiple times and so far the audio has been working.
I am using the latest drivers 13 September 2011 so make sure you are using them also.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

admin  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, September 12, 2012 8:59:55 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

I have found a bug that might explain the issue, depending on how you are adding the capture device.

At the moment the "Built In Audio" option does not work with presets or the reset right click menu, this will be fixed in v6.
It should still work fine if you add the card directly from the Add Input window though.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

h2video.nl  
#8 Posted : Friday, September 14, 2012 2:00:24 PM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi martin,

I post this here because I have a similar problem and this might be related.

Today I had a project, for which I use a preset that I have prepared and tested:

- I use a laptop with BM shuttle
- HDMI input 1080i
- laptop with Powerpoint running, connected through CAT5 network cable (desktop capturing)
- a picture frame with overlay of Video input and PP-desktop capture.

i had this tested and everything worked OK. But today checking the first recordings the sound was not synchronised. At some point during the recording the sound dropped put (no green bars anymore) I quickly restarted VMIX and restarted the preset en started recording again and continued.

In the break I checked the log file of the recording (MPEG). It showed no dropped frames but 25 dropped samples on stream 0.

I have never had that audio-sync problem before!

Can you recommend the settings for recording reliably video and matching sound!

For the recording I checked in the break, noticed the Cam sending 48000khz and the recording on 41000khz. So I changed that to match. Tried recording directly from the capture card, tried Vmix audio / system mix etc etc.

But I keep having this problem. Could it be something mis-matching in the stored preset that I use. maybe changing USB3 ports. ...

in addition I noticed what seems like a BUG: when recording the desktop capture, I recorded no sound at all. But i did not have any audio on this input, and had turned all inputs off (automatically mix audio settings) and only recorded the capture BM input.

I will check again and rebuild my project preset and wee if recording now is OK, and then reload the preset. But this will take some time. Could you provide me with some input, please.

Cheers Stefan

PS I can send a log file and other info if you need.
PS2 I did some extensive 3-4 hour burn-in tests at my office to check on audio and video drop-outs and never had any problem.
h2video.nl  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 7:43:38 AM(UTC)
h2video.nl

Man

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 39 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I have fixed the sound sync problem by removing and adding the capture input after loading a preset.

Remains the problem of losing sound when using the desktop capture input: if I use / view the capture input full-screen then I lose all sound input. Regardless of the settings (I give piority to the video capture and record the VMIX system sound capture). If I use the desktop capture input as part of a multiview I can switch between capture and multiview without problem.

Could you have a look at this and see if this is a BUG.

greetings
Stefan
admin  
#10 Posted : Tuesday, September 18, 2012 8:04:16 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Stefan,

By default the audio of the capture device is muted when you switch to a different input.
You can disabled this functionality by going to the capture inputs properties and untick "Automatically mix audio". Then make sure the Audio button is green.
Then when you switch to the desktop capture the audio will not be automatically muted.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
admin  
#11 Posted : Sunday, September 23, 2012 11:54:12 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi,

As discussed in the v6 thread, could you please try the test below and report back your findings:

1. Open up vMix and go to Add Input and enter in all the capture information manually. Select Built In Audio and make sure
Use VMR is unticked.

2. Make sure the Audio button is green for the new input and verify if audio can be heard.

3. If there is no audio, click the i button and go to the Advanced tab and report back the items in the list or take a screenshot.

4. Run this test multiple times to see if the audio issue is random or not when the steps taken are the same each time.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
Steadirob  
#12 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 3:15:42 AM(UTC)
Steadirob

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Martin, I installed the vMix on my new computer and the first testing worked.
Then I upgraded the BlackMagic driver/software for my Decklinkduo card to the latest version 9.6.4 and I suddenly get the following message when I add a new input:

Cannot playback audio stream: no audio hardware available or the hardware is not responding.

In the device manager are all the BMD audio drivers in good shape. In the Media Express program from BMD I have a valid input from my EX-3 camera via SDI audio

what do I have to do to make this work?

Thanks in advance,

Rob van Gelder
Bangkok
admin  
#13 Posted : Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:09:39 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Rob,

Double check the systems built in sound card and make sure you have the latest drivers.
Also, have you tried rebooting as I noticed on some machines that when installing the latest blackmagic drivers it takes a few restarts before everything is working.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
guztavo  
#14 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 12:07:09 AM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi!

I'm writing because i started having an audio issue.
I was recording, and after about 10 minutes the audio started cutting off. When the time goes on, the issue is more. And when i stopped, the issue is still happening.
When i restarted vMix, everything seems to be ok, but i see this problem after a few minutes.
I see no dropped frames.
When recording, i use vMix Audio as audio input, and the audio cames from a Pinnacle USB 700 USB (capture over RCA -not firewire-).
One more thing, is that each cut of audio add an audio delay.

Where can be the problem?
Thanks!
admin  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, October 2, 2012 2:28:20 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Is the audio you are hearing out of your speakers / headphones experiencing the issue or only when playing back the file?
Could you also post some of your system specs, CPU, Graphics Card and memory.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
guztavo  
#16 Posted : Monday, October 8, 2012 4:25:32 PM(UTC)
guztavo

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi Martin!
Sorry for my delay.
Now i don't have more access to that computer because i have a new now :D
But, the problem started after a few minutes of recording. For my surprise, when i stopped recording, this issue is still happening, whitout CPU usage, so i think the problem could be the Pinnacle USB 700. In the other hand, in some cases, this board was unstable (it stopped in the middle of a recording, and Reset option of the input didn't work).
Now i don't have to resolve that issue but maybe this information helps developing vMix.
I want to still using this capture device because has a RCA input, that i can use with a very long wire to connect a cam, but i'm not sure. Now i connect the cam over a Encore capture card.

Now i'm testing my new machine (Win7 Pro 64bit) and i saw that in some cases, i have no dropped frames, but yes some audio saples. The number it's not significative but i want to make all the system to work fine (really fine). Do you know where can be the problem?
Im working with my cam, connected over a firewire connection. The audio cames over that connection.
Thanks!
Regards!!!
admin  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, October 9, 2012 4:32:25 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

How many dropped audio samples are you seeing?
Each recording includes a log file so if you could email that to info@vmix.com.au I can take a look.

Regards,

Martin
vMix