logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
guztavo  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 1:12:00 PM(UTC)
guztavo

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
Hi!
I'm here to ask if you know the best way to send vMix production to studios. I want to offer my service to TV channels that are in locations outside my city. A common request is to do a live interaction with studios (interview or conversation between reporters), something that you cannot do with Youtube (because of the delay).
As a important requeriment, the image has to be sent (at least) in HD quality (720p), and the locations always are different, so i have to use 4G LTE connections and a internet point-to-point link.
I'm challenging a LiveU solution that actually provides the service to this channel.
Do you know if skype allow do this in HD or FULL HD quality? Or how LiveU works to make a similar setup.
Thanks in advance.
Regards
dark_ata  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, August 3, 2016 4:02:22 PM(UTC)
dark_ata

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 13 post(s)
we have used liveu and similars, the delay is from 2-7 seconds, in the last liveu that we used LU500 you cant limit the delay if a not remember bad, and for me the quality is bad i prefer other solutions.
Siroki  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 6:53:17 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Delay will always be there
I know some tv stations here that are using liveU, it goes on sim cards and its quite ok but if there is overload on some places the image quality gore down. Other friend that has tv is using this:
http://www.aviwest.com/product/dmng-pro180-ra/

But its quite expensive
kane  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 10:16:02 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
I've setup workflow like you are asking using our TalkShow Skype TX product, delay is usually around half a second, similar to a cell phone call. One of other nice aspects of using TalkShow, is that it is bi-directional, many other solutions are one way.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
richardgatarski  
#5 Posted : Thursday, August 4, 2016 12:04:27 PM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
One alternative is to use a Teradek Cube Encoder to transmit from vMix Fullscreen/External to the remote studio. In the studio another vMix could receive that stream, or use a Cube Decoder at the receiving end. Vice versa on the return. Rather pricey, but you should be able to get sub second delay with decent internet connections in HD.

And when Sienna releases NDI Relay and their NDI Cloud that would probably a cheaper and easier solution. See their PR about an intercontintental connection.