logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Slasher  
#1 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 8:31:03 AM(UTC)
Slasher

Groups: Registered

I had a gig a few weeks ago. Now I have some time to work on the footage. I wasn't around when the cutter/editor started the recording, so I instructed him to pick mp4 over the phone. Shouldn't have done that.

It appears vmix sets it on 8 mbps on default: the consequence is that the footage has all kinds of artifarcts all over the footage.

Off course this is my own mistake, I should have set it on a decent bitrate and set up the option to start with the previous settings.

But I find it kind of odd Vmix sets an unusable codec as a default: 8 megabit mp4 in a HD production, who would use that anyway?
LG  
#2 Posted : Monday, August 1, 2016 2:44:15 PM(UTC)
LG

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Slasher wrote:
I had a gig a few weeks ago. Now I have some time to work on the footage. I wasn't around when the cutter/editor started the recording, so I instructed him to pick mp4 over the phone. Shouldn't have done that.

It appears vmix sets it on 8 mbps on default: the consequence is that the footage has all kinds of artifarcts all over the footage.

Off course this is my own mistake, I should have set it on a decent bitrate and set up the option to start with the previous settings.

But I find it kind of odd Vmix sets an unusable codec as a default: 8 megabit mp4 in a HD production, who would use that anyway?

8mbps for HD is more then enough.. maybe your problem is somewehere else