logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Ricky DB  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 9:54:39 AM(UTC)
Ricky DB

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello vMixers. I'm Ricky and it's my first time here... Sorry for my bad english.
I need a help:
I'm using a Laptop with the lastest vMix version for make a live streaming. And i'm using the Microphone port of my pc for get the audio source from a DJ mixer, and 2 web cam for the images. I'll broadcast switching with some video advertising with images and audio,
How can a switch from, for exemple, a video with audio that is playing in main screen and the Live Broadcast that i'm streaming with audio/imagine. vMix have a way to switch the audio from 2 sources with just one clic? or i have to stop one audio (tha's playing) in his window and play the outher audio. Because tha's mean i will have a pause between this 2 clics from 2 different windows (because i can't have 2 mouses to make this at the same time as we do in a real mixer:-)
I see a Icon in the windows mixer with 2 Arrows (green and yellow) that says: Toggle automatic audio mixing etc.. I've try to use it but i don't know how use it and if it's correct for that i'm asking for.
Some one can help me please?
Thank very much
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:03:41 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Ricky DB

The double arrow icon is for "audio follows video", meaning when that "Input" is live 'On Air' the audio will be ON and OFF when that "Input" is not 'On Air'.
In your case, your audio feed (DJ mixer) is separate from your video feeds and so you have to set things up properly, but you have a couple of options.
For the audio from the DJ mixer to be ON all the time, regardless of visual input, you will want to 'disable' the double arrow icon and just enable the speaker icon (but this might not be what you want)
The other option is to select the audio input for your cameras to be the DJ Mixer input (this needs to be done when you add the cameras to vMix) and enable the double arrow icon so that the audio from the DJ mixer will be the feed regardless of which camera is live, but switching to a video or another input on vMix will mute that audio.

There are other options to set-up 'Triggers' to enable and disable audio depending on your Inputs, but that is a little more complex to set up and is really subject to your specific needs.

Hope that helps some.

Ice
thanks 1 user thanked IceStream for this useful post.
Ricky DB on 4/13/2016(UTC)
Ricky DB  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 11:58:15 AM(UTC)
Ricky DB

IceStream wrote:
@ Ricky DB

The double arrow icon is for "audio follows video", meaning when that "Input" is live 'On Air' the audio will be ON and OFF when that "Input" is not 'On Air'.
In your case, your audio feed (DJ mixer) is separate from your video feeds and so you have to set things up properly, but you have a couple of options.
For the audio from the DJ mixer to be ON all the time, regardless of visual input, you will want to 'disable' the double arrow icon and just enable the speaker icon (but this might not be what you want)
The other option is to select the audio input for your cameras to be the DJ Mixer input (this needs to be done when you add the cameras to vMix) and enable the double arrow icon so that the audio from the DJ mixer will be the feed regardless of which camera is live, but switching to a video or another input on vMix will mute that audio.

There are other options to set-up 'Triggers' to enable and disable audio depending on your Inputs, but that is a little more complex to set up and is really subject to your specific needs.

Hope that helps some.

Ice

@ Ice

Hello Ice!

Thank you very much for your fast answer!

You're right, i tryed to do what you told me and it's work well, perfect.

While i was wait for help i found a new way to do the Audio follows video, maybe it's wrong but it seems work well: by clicking twice in the image window that i whant to a follow Audio, we'll see the window with a menu for General-Colour Adjust, etc and Multi View, in this one you have 5 imput's menu's, then in the first one i've choice the audio that i want follow my video, and it's work! :-)
But i think the way you told me is the correct one.

Nice, now i understood how the The double arrow icon works.

Grazie, Obrigado, Thanks a lot Ice!!
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 2:06:13 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Ricky DB

There is not always a "right way" or "wrong way" with vMix, if fact there are often several different ways to accomplish the same "end result", it's more a matter of what works best for you and your workflow.
I am a big fan of the "MultiView" feature and what can be accomplished with it, I'm glad you figured that method out for yourself, it's really quite amazing what you can do with vMix.
Would love to see some of the work you are doing with it, be sure to share a link if you can in the "Showcase" thread.

Ice
Ricky DB  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 13, 2016 6:01:32 PM(UTC)
Ricky DB

IceStream wrote:
@ Ricky DB

There is not always a "right way" or "wrong way" with vMix, if fact there are often several different ways to accomplish the same "end result", it's more a matter of what works best for you and your workflow.
I am a big fan of the "MultiView" feature and what can be accomplished with it, I'm glad you figured that method out for yourself, it's really quite amazing what you can do with vMix.
Would love to see some of the work you are doing with it, be sure to share a link if you can in the "Showcase" thread.

Ice

@Ice

That is it Ice! I'm just starting with vMix and i'm very happy with. I''m discovering the features and it' seems really cool. I'll try to record a little of my next work and I'll post it.

Thank again for you gentle help.

Ricky

Ricky DB  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 23, 2016 7:01:42 AM(UTC)
Ricky DB

@IceStream

Hello Ice. How are you?

As you askme i posted a video on "Showcase" with a exemplo of the work i did.
It'll be great to have some advices from you.

Ricky