logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
PFBM  
#1 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 5:05:53 PM(UTC)
PFBM

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
NDI SDK Update

quote :

Hello,

I am happy to let you know that we have updated the NDI SDK. We have made numerous significant improvements that should provide much better results in many situations. By far the most important are some clever optimizations that we made in the way network traffic is handled. This creates much better performance on congested networks. We ran extreme tests and found that under heavy loads we can now sustain twice the number of streams than we could previously. We have also improved the compression to achieve about 20% better results (at identical image quality) with a corresponding 20% CPU usage improvement.

Best regards,

Andrew Cross
thanks 2 users thanked PFBM for this useful post.
RoboST on 7/1/2016(UTC), stigaard on 7/4/2016(UTC)
kane  
#2 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 5:41:01 PM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
It keeps getting better and better!

Kane Peterson
NewTek
desmar  
#3 Posted : Friday, July 1, 2016 5:43:30 PM(UTC)
desmar

Man
Canada

Was thanked: 80 time(s) in 60 post(s)
Too bad they still haven't fixed any the bugs I reported to Newtek...
kane  
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 1:31:40 AM(UTC)
kane

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 94 post(s)
BETech wrote:
Are there any negative implications or complications with installing this latest NDI Update and Libraries in vMix 17 (All versions). Essentially, does vMix support and sanction this update.

And for our friend KANE, is there a version number associated with this update. There have been several updates since release, yet no version identifiers for each release. Having version numbers is very helpful in so many ways.

Also a 'Change Log', available on the Newtek Forums and/or within the downloaded packages, to identify the issues resolved and the enhancements to the feature sets.

The SDK Update is for developers to incorporate into their products, it wasn't meant for end-users to do so. While the DLL is included, I would wait until vMix (or any other software) releases an official update that includes it.

I'm not aware of any external version numbers for the SDK updates. There is a list of changes in the 'NDI SDK Documentation' PDF.

Kane Peterson
NewTek
admin  
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 4:01:36 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
vMix has keeps its own copies of the NDI libraries with each update, so no problem with installing the SDK if you need to develop on the same machine, it won't cause a conflict.

As for the update, we have included it in the next update currently being tested along with a few new cool features as well :)
Hope to have it out by next week.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
stigaard on 7/4/2016(UTC)
PFBM  
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 2, 2016 8:22:53 AM(UTC)
PFBM

Man

Was thanked: 35 time(s) in 30 post(s)
VST3 64 bit support ? :)
admin  
#7 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 6:20:07 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Latest NDI SDK has been added to vMix 17.0.0.99 just released!
Also has a bunch of updates to support for MIDI/X-Keys controllers
stigaard on 7/4/2016(UTC)
RoboST  
#8 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 4:00:46 PM(UTC)
RoboST

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
PFBM wrote:
NDI SDK Update

quote :

Hello,

I am happy to let you know that we have updated the NDI SDK. We have made numerous significant improvements that should provide much better results in many situations. By far the most important are some clever optimizations that we made in the way network traffic is handled. This creates much better performance on congested networks. We ran extreme tests and found that under heavy loads we can now sustain twice the number of streams than we could previously. We have also improved the compression to achieve about 20% better results (at identical image quality) with a corresponding 20% CPU usage improvement.

Best regards,

Andrew Cross

I just updated to vMix .99 (from v.92) and it looks like this current SDK is included.

However, I'm experiencing higher network utilization and it seems a little more CPU. Two PC's, one Lynnfield i5-750 with Win7, 2nd is newer laptop with Nvidia and Win10. Each running vMix

Using the same presets in both, the Win7 network utilization went from ~8% to 12%. The Win10 seemed to almost double the receiving NDI 720p feed from the Win7, on .92 it was 28Mbps when up to 52-54Mbps in .99. I did think that was odd in .92 that it was only ~28Mbps as the NDI 720p30 out from the Win10 was ~52-54Mbps, now 53-58Mbps in .99.

Perhaps something was up in .92, thought 28Mbps was low in that one direction (Win7 vMix NDI out to Win10 vMix NDI in).

I was expecting a little less network utilization and cpu. Our network is not congested, yet.

admin  
#9 Posted : Sunday, July 3, 2016 10:48:25 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

There was a bug in the older NDI SDK where the bandwidth use was much less than intended for progressive sources.
It caused some quality issues, so it has now been fixed, but bandwidth usage is going to be back to the levels seen
with NDI from May and earlier.

Each 1080p source will use between 50-100Mbit
RoboST on 7/4/2016(UTC)