logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
vMixSystems  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 7, 2014 1:48:22 PM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Greetings

My name is Kenneth Bell and I'm pleased to be working with Martin and the team at StudioCoast/vMix. StudioCoast Systems, Inc. is based in the US, coordinating development and channel efforts for vMix-branded system configurations. I've been designing/building/selling professional video production workstations since 1999 and look forward to helping get powerful configurations into the hands of current and future vMix customers.

We're excited about the first products, vMix GO and vMix Thunder. These are launching next week at Content and Communications World in New York with follow-up at Streaming Media West in Los Angeles on the 18th/19th. If you are attending either show, please stop by the booth and register to win a free vMix Thunder kit (valued at $2795).

vMix GO brings ultra-portability and extreme capability to live production. Powered by AJA hardware, vMix GO is engineered for up to 8 HD-SDI inputs as well as 2 HD-SDI outputs. Professional balanced audio and unlimited, trayless SSD storage round out the custom I/O panel. vMix GO lists at $9950 USD with a Plus version at $11950.

vMix Thunder is the first true self-contained, laptop-based live production kit with multiple HD inputs. An AJA IO 4K Thunderbolt device paired with a qualified Thunderbolt v2 laptop now allows up to four high frame rate, high quality cameras. Users can also create I/O scenarios using HD-SDI or HDMI for output. Possible combinations include 3 Inputs/1 Output or 2 Inputs/2 Outputs.

Products are initially available to dealers through Broadfield Distributing in the US as of 11/11/2014. If you are interested in becoming a reseller, visit our dealer portal. I will be available on this forum for prospective dealers/customers and look forward to meeting everyone.
svartfiber  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 7:47:36 AM(UTC)
svartfiber

Groups: Registered

Interesting combination. What audiocard, with XLR, do you use?
Anders

quote=vMixSystems]Greetings

My name is Kenneth Bell and I'm pleased to be working with Martin and the team at StudioCoast/vMix. StudioCoast Systems, Inc. is based in the US, coordinating development and channel efforts for vMix-branded system configurations. I've been designing/building/selling professional video production workstations since 1999 and look forward to helping get powerful configurations into the hands of current and future vMix customers.

We're excited about the first products, vMix GO and vMix Thunder. These are launching next week at Content and Communications World in New York with follow-up at Streaming Media West in Los Angeles on the 18th/19th. If you are attending either show, please stop by the booth and register to win a free vMix Thunder kit (valued at $2795).

vMix GO brings ultra-portability and extreme capability to live production. Powered by AJA hardware, vMix GO is engineered for up to 8 HD-SDI inputs as well as 2 HD-SDI outputs. Professional balanced audio and unlimited, trayless SSD storage round out the custom I/O panel. vMix GO lists at $9950 USD with a Plus version at $11950.

vMix Thunder is the first true self-contained, laptop-based live production kit with multiple HD inputs. An AJA IO 4K Thunderbolt device paired with a qualified Thunderbolt v2 laptop now allows up to four high frame rate, high quality cameras. Users can also create I/O scenarios using HD-SDI or HDMI for output. Possible combinations include 3 Inputs/1 Output or 2 Inputs/2 Outputs.

Products are initially available to dealers through Broadfield Distributing in the US as of 11/11/2014. If you are interested in becoming a reseller, visit our dealer portal. I will be available on this forum for prospective dealers/customers and look forward to meeting everyone.

vMixSystems  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 9, 2014 10:35:41 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

Hi Anders,

We currently use a PCIe card from ESI though we are always evaluating the new strategies.
DVE  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 11:52:57 AM(UTC)
DVE

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I have a client interested in a custom vMix system. I can't seem to find additional information on StudioCoast Systems and Kenneth Bell appears to have moved on (according to his LinkedIn profile). Who is making the vMix systems now? And who can I talk to about a custom PC configuration for vMix?

Thanks!

-Jason Jenkins
DVEstore
sinc747  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 12:06:26 PM(UTC)
sinc747

Man
United States

Was thanked: 194 time(s) in 160 post(s)
Contact Eric at US Broadcast (http://usbroadcast.co/). They are handling the vMix GO line here in the US.

There are also a number of vMix Resellers like myself that build custom systems for vMix software. You can find the complete list on the vMix Reseller page (http://www.vmix.com/purchase/resellers.aspx). Look for the "Custom Systems" listing.

Good luck.

-Tom
DVE  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, June 29, 2016 1:16:33 PM(UTC)
DVE

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
sinc747 wrote:
Contact Eric at US Broadcast (http://usbroadcast.co/). They are handling the vMix GO line here in the US.

There are also a number of vMix Resellers like myself that build custom systems for vMix software. You can find the complete list on the vMix Reseller page (http://www.vmix.com/purchase/resellers.aspx). Look for the "Custom Systems" listing.

Good luck.

-Tom

Thanks, Tom. We are signed up to resell vMix, through USbroadcast. We haven't been listed on the vMix reseller page yet. I have a local PC shop that I've worked with over the years and I collaborated with them recently and put together a nice three-camera vMix system, based on gaming PC components. But now I have a client that wants a system to ingest 10 camera feeds, for live switching, and to ISO record them as well! I would likely use a BMD Decklink Quad 2 to get eight physical SDI inputs. Then I could try a dedicated Airport Extreme wifi network to bring in two wireless iPhone cameras running the NDIcam app. As far as ISO recording 10 sources; I'm not sure if it's possible to do that on the same system. I don't know how much CPU power is needed. Between clock speed and core quantity, which is more important? An external RAID array may be appropriate here too. Another possibility would be to network a second PC and offload the ISO recording to that system. I'm thinking all the sources would be NDI available via the network and NewTek's IsoCorder Pro could be used to do the recording. Or, would a second copy of vMix HD suffice? Would a Gigabit network provide enough bandwidth for 10 NDI sources?

As you can see, lots of questions about what is possibly uncharted territory!

-Jason Jenkins
DVEstore