logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
mavrick816  
#21 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 1:19:40 AM(UTC)
mavrick816

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Continued testing with Facebook Live and it works BUT, iOS devices like iPhones and iPads still won't play the live feed. It will play the recorded session, but but not the actual LIVE feed. It works with Laptop/Desktop browsers and Android, but not with iOS devices. Yet.. Tried asking Facebook support, no updates yet, been 2 weeks.
GeorgeR  
#22 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 2:14:41 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
GeorgeR wrote:
I need to give a shout-out to vMix and their support staff for helping me in getting my first Facebook Live video posted tonight.
After they got me straightened out, vMix17 worked flawlessly. As it usually goes, the problem was with the user [ME], not vMix17 (LOL).

Thanks Again,

~George R

BUG in Facebook Live Video.

I have done 3 Facebook Live videos tonight. During the live video I have audio. After Facebook encodes and publishes the video to my page there is NO audio associated with the video.

Any one else having an issue like that?

Thanks,
~GeorgeR
corporatejames  
#23 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 2:37:32 AM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
mavrick816 wrote:
Continued testing with Facebook Live and it works BUT, iOS devices like iPhones and iPads still won't play the live feed. It will play the recorded session, but but not the actual LIVE feed. It works with Laptop/Desktop browsers and Android, but not with iOS devices. Yet.. Tried asking Facebook support, no updates yet, been 2 weeks.

Yeah good luck getting reply from Facebook support lol.
GeorgeR  
#24 Posted : Friday, May 13, 2016 2:53:03 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
GeorgeR wrote:
GeorgeR wrote:
I need to give a shout-out to vMix and their support staff for helping me in getting my first Facebook Live video posted tonight.
After they got me straightened out, vMix17 worked flawlessly. As it usually goes, the problem was with the user [ME], not vMix17 (LOL).

Thanks Again,

~George R

BUG in Facebook Live Video.

I have done 3 Facebook Live videos tonight. During the live video I have audio. After Facebook encodes and publishes the video to my page there is NO audio associated with the video.

Any one else having an issue like that?

Thanks,
~GeorgeR

UPDATE: There is audio in the mobile version of my Facebook Live video now. It had disappeared for a while too. There is also a a terrible mis-match between the video and audio. Still no audio in the computer version of the video I did earlier today.

~George
markus  
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 5:51:33 AM(UTC)
markus

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
mavrick816 wrote:
Continued testing with Facebook Live and it works BUT, iOS devices like iPhones and iPads still won't play the live feed.

This is not a vMix problem. I had this with live streams on iOS from different external sources (not working on iOS). It seems to be a facebook, browser or even plugin-issue. Also I found watching fb-streams on desktop PC using chrome is much more reliable than firefox. On firefox I often just got audio, no video, the exact same live stream worked fine on chrome.

Watching archived streams - after live - instead has never been an issue on different browsers or devices for me.
Rinsky  
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 10:15:23 AM(UTC)
Rinsky

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 35 post(s)
I tested Facebook Live with Vmix yesterday, but the quality of the livestream was really low.

I was streaming 720p50 and tried a few different bitrates (even as high as 4,5 mbit), but all I got was a low quality 360p-ish Facebook Live stream.

Was anyone here able to stream in HD?
thecloudmediagroup  
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 17, 2016 12:13:44 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
We have been streaming to Facebook for a few weeks and had no issue. We streamed in HD but the quality is overall lower than a normal streaming provider. The audio was surprisingly lower quality than I would have thought but not horrible. Lots of compression artifacts.

As for the iOS issue, we have found that when trying to view the live feed from a Facebook on an account that was connected to our church page that the feed wouldn't play while it was live. If we switched accounts to an account not accociated with the page, the feed would then play on iOS. You can see an archive at the link below.

https://www.facebook.com...videos/1011982858888105/

-Seth
radiotvnuevomilenio  
#28 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:17:03 AM(UTC)
radiotvnuevomilenio

Greeting when they will update vmix to broadcast live to facebook , as the wirrecast has that great for vmix Thanks serious option and hopefully answers
jpeg2RAW  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 1, 2016 1:34:26 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
You can do it now, we have done it several times. Just use the codes from Facebook and enter them into the Custom RTMP Server fields.