logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
andrewwhiteley  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 18, 2016 8:59:36 AM(UTC)
andrewwhiteley

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I have been trying to get the PTZ controls for the Value HD VHD-500N camera working within Vmix. So far I've just been able to get vision into Vmix as an SD network stream (I'm not too exited about this because I'm using the 3GSDI connectivity for vision), but I can not find any way of getting the camera IP address to be accepted by Vmix PTZ controller the IP of the camera shows up as 192.168.1.240 and the PTZ port is reported as '5678'

Has anyone else got any experience of/or success using this camera to be controlled within Vmix?

many thanks!

Andrew

waldron18  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 1:43:31 AM(UTC)
waldron18

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi Andrew

I was just wondering how you're getting on with this issue? I'm looking at getting the VHD-V60 camera and just wondering if you'd managed to get VMix working with the VHD range of cameras at all?

Cheers

Nick
andrewwhiteley  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 6:47:07 AM(UTC)
andrewwhiteley

Hi Nick

Apart from the fact that I can not use the PTZ controls within vMix, I am actually very pleased with the VHD-V500N. Picture quality via SDI is really very good. For the time being I'm using a cheap RS485 joystick controller that I obtained from Amazon to programme and recall different camera positions etc.

I was in email correspondence with a representative from Value HD, but they didn't reply to my last email yet - but I am still hopeful of a reply with a solution to the issue of using the PTZ controls within vMix. By logging into the camera using the IP address within a browser, it would appear that the interface is either very similar or perhaps identical to screenshots I've seen from some of the PTZ Optics camera's, which are supported within vMix.

Hope this helps

Andrew
pop  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 12:24:29 PM(UTC)
pop

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
Hi waldron18,

I have the VHD-V60N and it works fine with PTZ in vmix. Just choose PTZOptics and it works.

/Peter
waldron18  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 25, 2016 9:07:31 PM(UTC)
waldron18

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Thanks Andrew and Peter... sounds great.

Just for my knowledge on using the PTZ, do you plug in the ethernet (for controls) and SDI (for image)? Or can you do it all over one of them?

Also, where did you buy your VHD cameras from? I'm struggling to find anywhere online.

Cheers

Nick
andrewwhiteley  
#6 Posted : Thursday, May 26, 2016 5:35:29 AM(UTC)
andrewwhiteley

Hi Nick

For my part I am unable to use the PTZ controls currently, but, I can access the camera streams via ethernet. Compared to the SDI option in vMix, the ethernet streams suffer much higher latency (6 frames for my setup), so I would wholeheartedly recommend using SDI if you've got the necessary capture device - I am using the BMD quad 2 and latency is about 2 frames when I use SDI. You can always use the ethernet connectivity for PTZ controls for any ethernet capable SDI source by specifying the network IP of the camera within vMix options for the camera's SDI input.

Hope this helps

Andrew
Speegs  
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 28, 2016 11:01:13 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
waldron18 wrote:
Thanks Andrew and Peter... sounds great.

Just for my knowledge on using the PTZ, do you plug in the ethernet (for controls) and SDI (for image)? Or can you do it all over one of them?

Also, where did you buy your VHD cameras from? I'm struggling to find anywhere online.

Cheers

Nick

PM'd the link to buy the cameras, don't want to be seen as advertising.

I use SDI for image, but my PTZ has HDMI too. Currently I use RS485 and a Joystick to control.

Take a look at Siamese Cable if going the RS485 option:

https://d1tqc0m69rhker.c...ts/sw-22856/sw-22856.jpg

You have a SDI, plus 2 wires. You can use the 2 wire back to your joystick.

I want to use the Vmix to control my cameras, via ethernet, yet to try it as I'm running Vmix 16 for current 3 week long event. Not ready for Vmix 17 yet.

Vmix uses IP Packets to control PTZ cameras. You could potentially stream down the same ethernet via RTSP, but wouldn't be low latency like SDI or HDMI capture.

The dream: A PTZ with NDI built in, control via NDI as well :) I'm sure somebody is working on it somewhere and if they are not they should be.