logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
homeless  
#1 Posted : Friday, April 24, 2015 11:48:48 AM(UTC)
homeless

Groups:

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
1) I test combination of vMix and Mapio - it is software for mapping (www.visution.com). I can get video from vMix in Mapio as "DisplayX" or "vMix Video" over VLC, but this software support Spout technology - may be this way more faster ? And Mapio can work as FFGL plugin for Resolume and etc...
This combination is very interesting - i use vMix to manipulate content and Mapio to "mapping-rendering" it to my projectors and others
And if vMix can support FFGL plugins for outputs - its will be great.

I try many progs for VJ - part of this well used with external midi-keys, parts - good for precision scenario (play list), but vmix is better in usability when we dont know timing, and talent stuff.

2) In some VIP-project i need to use 2 videoservers to show contents to 3-4-5 projectors. I use proprietary software - it mapping, 3D-render (DirectX objects), get and show video in windows and other. This software runned in all servers and get sinchronization over LAN - main and backup server send video simultaneously. On outputs of this servers stand HDMI or DVI switch, and if main server hangs up - i simple switch projectors to backup server. May be create this algoritm in vMix ?
madness  
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 7, 2016 9:14:29 PM(UTC)
madness

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I know this is a year old, but I too would like to see plugin support to allow the open source Spout as an input to vMix.
http://spout.zeal.co/