logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
admin  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 7, 2010 10:38:23 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
It's time again to look at next version of vMix!

vMix 2010 V9 will primarily focus on performance and reliability, but there is room for a few small feature additions if anyone would like to post a suggestion.

At the moment the following features will be included:

* Automatically cut up a file recording in 1, 5, 10, 20, 30 and 60 minute intervals.
* Drag and drop video clips directly to the vMix Inputs area from Windows.

Please post any other suggestions or bug fixes here.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix

melody  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:07:06 AM(UTC)

Groups: Guests

hi martin, good job in advance...

i use flash media live encoder and with this new vmix v8.1 i have a delay in vmix vitual capture caused by "Render Time" (2-3ms) using a standard firewire camera. vmix v7 don`t have that delay, only if i use hdv source (normally).

so, i sugested to vmix v8 a virtual audio device that could delay the audio input. it was implemented in recording feature and its working fine, but the final idea is:

open flash media live encoder;
choose vmix virtual capture (for video input device);
choose "vmix virtual audio" (for audio input device, delayable);

with that feature i can use hdv sources in real time stream.

Another feature that i would like you implement, individual source recording. with new ssd devices its easy to do. i use a 2 normal hdd and i have no problems at once. i`m not spamming you with this request, this is just an important sugestion. a lot of people want that feature implemented in vmix. no other software do that (streaming and individual recording, i think). just make possible choose diferent locations to save each file.

thank you for attention, really hope for individual recording martin, gain for everyone, regards...
melody
admin  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:21:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

How big is the audio delay?
Note that "Render Time" is in milliseconds and is unrelated to any audio delay you may be hearing.

You can set the audio delay in Settings under External Output which changes the delay in the Flash encoder automatically.
(Though you won't see the result until you look at the live stream or recording)
melody  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 7:32:51 AM(UTC)

2-3 miliseconds... is not a BIIIIIG delay, but make diference when i open the recorded file.
admin  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, November 10, 2010 8:29:33 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

What I meant was the "Render Time" is not related to the video delay at all.
The standard video delay in vMix is approx 3 frames or 99ms, plus factoring in the HDV delay of between 300-500ms, if you put into the delay field in External Output 400ms or so the end result from flash media live encoder should be ok.

ELCHAPIN  
#6 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 8:36:08 AM(UTC)
ELCHAPIN

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi, thanks for your great work Martin is great.
I think it gives more than what was expected with what is sufficient, but if it can be more better.

1 - For more field sales to be bilingual.
2 - That the pause button and Play to be effective, on occasion, runs no one wants that is in play.
3-To have a 2 OVERLAY option, Par 2 logos or you can use water seal.
3 -*** seems to be the most important.
Autoguardaro atomatico of etching as to avoid losses.
I do not mean cuts every time by luxury, it is for safety in case of hang on the vMix SOFT 2010
selectable time 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,25,30 minutes.
Guardado is already so.
Change the display box options Burn AVI, and streaming, to specify the streaming server easily.
4 - Change the color of the Soft. by a modern Black.
or other options.

Supported by Supported Video Formats, the Vmix 2010 is a tax on top of the market
ue q and not much more to wish.
I hope that you see if you can add some of my suggestions
Thanks

EN ESPAÑOL
Hola , gracias por tu gran trabajo Martin , es de maravilla .
Creo que da mas de lo que se esperaba con lo que tiene suficiente pero si se puede mas mejor .

1- Para mas campo de venta que sea Bilingue .
2- Que los Botones de pausa y Play sean efectivos , en ocaciones no corre el que uno desea que este en Play .
3-Poder tener opcion a 2 OVERLAY ; Par a poder usar 2 logos o sello de agua .
3-*** Parece ser el mas IMPORTANTE .
Autoguardaro atomatico de de lo Grabado para evitar perdidas.
No me refiero a cortes cada tiempo por lujo , que sea por seguridad en caso de cuelgue de el SOFT VMIX 2010
selecionable el tiempo 1,2,3,4,5,6,10,25,30 minutos .
asi ya queda Guardado.
Cambiar el cuadro de display de opciones de Grabar AVI , y de Streaming , para especificar el servidor de streaming facilmente.
4- Cambiar el color de piel de el Soft. por uno Negro moderno .
u otras opciones .

Con el soporte de Formatos soportados de Video , el Vmix 2010 se a impuesto sobre los mejores de el mercado
ya q ue no hay mucho que mas desearle .
Espero esta ves si logre agregar alguna de mis sugerencias
Gracias

melody  
#7 Posted : Thursday, November 11, 2010 12:53:46 PM(UTC)

hi martin,

talking about the delay on vmix... NO MORE... don`t worry about that, my fault. no delay on output, sorry.

vmix is working very well. thks martin for this wonderfull software.
melody  
#8 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 3:39:24 PM(UTC)

hi martin,

can you implement a replay source?

the possibilities prefered to controll replay are (just sugestion):

- select what source you want replay (program or individual);
- select how many seconds we want replay;
- "R" wattermark with custom position, to recognize replay;
- slowmotion botton (on/off) during replay (if it is possible, put this button on video files source too, would be interesting);

regards,

melody
admin  
#9 Posted : Friday, November 12, 2010 9:44:44 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

This thread is for very small changes for the next version, so please keep the suggestions to simple feature additions and/or changes.

Replay features may be implemented eventually but it would be limited to a Professional version of vMix that would cost around $800 due to the complexity involved.
melody  
#10 Posted : Saturday, November 13, 2010 12:12:54 PM(UTC)

thats ok martin,

i understand the complexity involved on replay, but it can make vmix better.
it can be unlocked in hd edition (for example) or another professional release you want to call.

so, for new release, is possible use the use audio from an audio/video file and join to live mixing?

the idea is, during the live mixing, audio and video, i want to introduce an audio/video file(s) and join the sound from that files to the live mixing.

regards, (thank you martin for attention about replay)
melody
msburg  
#11 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:05:00 AM(UTC)
msburg

I have suggestions for vMix V9

1. Drag and drop video clips directly to the vMix inputs area - formats: wmv, mpg, flv, mov, etc.
2. Cut up a file recording - allow to choose AUTO / NON-AUTO and manual setup time intervals.
3. VMIX VIRTUAL CAPTURE - Can we have a little icon to click on at anytime to select only audio or video or both audio and video. If VMIX gets crashed, restart vMix and vMix will reinitialize the virtual port again? This will help whatever program which uses VMIX VIRTUAL CAPTURE to be restarted again!
4. Is there a little box in inputs to quickly set the range of the BLACK color to be transparent (alpha). At this time we must click on "I" icon and move the RGB bars. It is OK, but for me I don't know how much RGB to move to have it in the range of 0-16. Can we have a input to put in the number like 16 and all the bars will move to whatever positions.
5. SLOW MOTION BUTTON - this is very good ideas... By clicking on it to have the output instantly slow down... and continue clicking on it will even slow down more...
6. At this time the fade bar must be held down to move, how about just mouse click the bar will move to the left or right respectively

If these features and their parameters can be instantly on like the fade bar effect. How's about a window with these parameters to be instantly adjusted live (dynamically)?

Thank you.
melody  
#12 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 1:33:33 PM(UTC)

msburg, nice sugestions, i vote every word you said (principally in vmix virtual capture port, really usefull), but let me give one more sugestion.

1. take an instant still picture from an input source to use on chroma key feature.

regards,
melody
admin  
#13 Posted : Sunday, November 14, 2010 10:21:07 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

msburg,

In regards to 1 and 2, they will already be in vMix.
As for 4, you can use the "Auto Colour Key" feature in v8 to set the transparent colour by clicking on a still image.

For 6, there are automatic fade buttons available Fade x1 and Fade x2. You can also use the buttons 1 to 6 on the keyboard. See Help for a full listing.
watchfulone  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 15, 2010 2:03:46 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
admin wrote:
It's time again to look at next version of vMix!

vMix 2010 V9 will primarily focus on performance and reliability, but there is room for a few small feature additions if anyone would like to post a suggestion.

At the moment the following features will be included:

* Automatically cut up a file recording in 1, 5, 10, 20, 30 and 60 minute intervals.
* Drag and drop video clips directly to the vMix Inputs area from Windows.

Please post any other suggestions or bug fixes here.

Thanks,

Martin
vMix

What about the ability to stream to other networks such as Ustream, Justin Tv, Lime, etc.
Well i am not sure if the software can record live to network storage
Do at the lease some basic video editing, o.k. maybe i`m stretching a bit too far now

DanielMuhlig  
#15 Posted : Thursday, November 18, 2010 7:17:38 PM(UTC)
DanielMuhlig

First I want to say that I am impressed with the software. I found it after several days af searching for a software video mixer. Thanks for going public :-)

My suggestion is inspired by the xaml input feature.

I suggest you offer a plugin framework for inputs. It should'nt be that hard to implement. Let me explain how I imagine it implemented:

Being a professional .NET developer, I would love the option to create a .net UserControl (similar to the xaml feature) that consists of e.g. a transparent canvas with 'some things' on but compiled it into an assembly and put it in a 'plugin' folder. The UserControl implements an interface, that you specify. When vMix launches, it scans the 'plugin' folder for assemblies containing classes that implements your interface. The available plugins are then selectable from the 'Add input' dialog.

This way it will be possible to implement active plugins that offer count-down timers, Time-of-day, ticker-tape, animated logos, easy scripture display, name of speaker/journalist etc. You name it.

The plugin should be able to display a 'settings' window or a toolbox/palette, where it is possible to configure or update text, select scripture reference, initialise count-down timer etc.

I know it may easily be possible to create plugins that affect performance, but that should be blamed on the plugin - not vMix.

If you want to run with this idea, I would be happy to develop a few plugins for you to bundle with vMix :-)

Oh, and vMix must be able to support more than one overlay :-)

/Daniel
admin  
#16 Posted : Friday, November 19, 2010 4:17:02 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for the suggestion, the simplest implementation I can think of would be to allow the current XAML input to support compiled WPF UserControls as a DLL.
vMix would search the dll for the first UserControl and use that along with the first storyboard it finds for the animation controls.
It could also search for a function such as "DisplayProperties" within the user control so you can display your own configuration window.

I will see if its easy enough to add to v9.

Two overlays will already be included in v9.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

DanielMuhlig  
#17 Posted : Saturday, November 20, 2010 7:34:56 AM(UTC)
DanielMuhlig

admin wrote:
It could also search for a function such as "DisplayProperties" within the user control so you can display your own configuration window.

That might not even be neccessary. When you instantiate my UserControl, I can open the configuration window in the constructor or something.

Another perhaps more important issue. Maybe the constructor should take a Size object as parameter (or two int) providing the UserControl with the width and height of the output stream.

I'm looking forward to v9 :-)

/Daniel
melody  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 23, 2010 8:55:57 AM(UTC)

hi admin,

i found a web site that can be usefull to vmix for real-time video effects. hope it help...

http://freeframe.sourceforge.net/

regards,
melody
ELCHAPIN  
#19 Posted : Friday, December 10, 2010 11:41:46 PM(UTC)
ELCHAPIN

W a i t i n g . . . . vMix V9 ??
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage
UserPostedImage

Luc Henrion  
#20 Posted : Monday, February 7, 2011 6:08:02 AM(UTC)
Luc Henrion

Man

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
a new wish list from a newbie... ;-)

I hope it's the right place to post it?

- "manual" mode for wipe & slide (using the "T-bar"), to be able to display 2 (partial) images simultaneously. Great for a dialog between 2 speakers.
- "fade to black" (& fade to white) without having to add an image ( black or white jpeg) as input (faster).
- being able to put "markers" inside a video file: until now, I'm using an Edirol V4 with a laptop running Cubase (yes, I'm a musician first!) and a long AVI file (about 50 minutes) with almost 30 markers: Cubase pauses automatically at each marker, I just have to tap the space bar to start the next clip. Very convenient.

Just wanted to add that I'm really impressed by this software !!!!

edit: "fade to black" is a fast solution when a camera(-man) has a problem ! You can't have a "black image" input always at hand...