logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
SpelingMistakes  
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 7, 2016 5:25:58 AM(UTC)
SpelingMistakes

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Is there any possibility to control another program trough scripting in vMix ... I will like to control additional video player (software) and to trigger play and pause commands – I am evaluating everything possible even external commands (batch files) if needed?

Thanks in advance
SpelingMistakes  
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 9, 2016 12:17:43 PM(UTC)
SpelingMistakes

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Does scripting in vMix allow making commands for starting batch file?

I am in search for solution to play videos in some other video player and not in VMix which will allow met to handle thousands of videos because VMix cant do that – I have problem with 700 files which is 40-50 hours of content – Not to mention more than that - To put or remove some into list is very big problem and i don’t know why – If i want to remove some files on list which have 700 files it simply put vMix in not responding mode with quad core cpu at top – I think i left it like that for 10 min and only than vMix recover from that and removed files – That simply isn’t good – Moving files in list is also very problematic because it cant be done with mouse not to mention putting files at top with single mouse click ... You must move file by file up or down (by one place) in list which is totally inappropriate

In Daum Potplayer (video player) or any else video player that is a few seconds job – Even in Win amp that is very ease because you can move files up and down with mouse which is make arranging list very easy – For now i make list in winamp and than open it in vMix – That way i can make changes faster than in vMix – I don’t know why so ordinary and everywhere available options – Why that is not available in vMix i don’t know!

Because of that i want to check are commands in scripting can be used to call batch file for start, pause, change playlist and similar which will allow me to use vMix for rest of process (triggers, advertising and, animated titles and similar)!

I hope somebody can help me about this – Thanks in advance