logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
hadi_753  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 7:25:41 PM(UTC)
hadi_753

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hi all ,

First ,Thanks for taking the time to read my topic .

I'm planning to do a live streaming for table tennis games .

Thing is that i need to do an advanced scoreboard .

The score board must have a 3d effects when bringing it on the show .

You can see an example of what i need here
(seek to 2:04 ).

This is a small example and i may need more 3d effects.

I'm thinking of two options :
1- to do it on another PC and stream it to the PC which has vMix through a HDMI Cable .
2- to do it on another PC and stream it to the PC which has vMix thorough LAN Network (screen capture) .

and the other user on the PC will control the effects and score editing .

In either ways , i need your help on how can i create such a scoreboard (what is the best software to do that) and then stream it to the vMix PC . can someone help me to do such a thing ?

Also , which option is better and less expensive .

Thanks in advance .

Regards,
Hadi
Cpilcher  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 26, 2016 10:27:34 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 47 post(s)
vMix can easily run your production and handle the overlays with 1 PC. You can setup a second controller like a Shuttle Pro v2 or any midi controller to handle all of your on-screen graphics. I have 3 operators that interface with vMix on separate devices each with a specific duty all run via the same PC.
hadi_753  
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:40:48 AM(UTC)
hadi_753

Thanks Cpilcher for sharing .

Well, I wanted to use another PC cuz I believe that I need a 3rd party software to get an advanced 3d scoreboard and it will be very hard for me to switch back and forth to them .
If you have any idea how to do such a scoreboard (as the showing example) on vmix directly .. Pls let me know ..

Thank you again
Cpilcher  
#4 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:06:54 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

From the video I saw, and maybe I was looking at the wrong graphics... But the 3D effect seems to be mainly in the "Stinger" Transition. This could be created in many software programs and imported in to vMix to be used at the click of a button. Unfortunately I don't have the skills to create that style but, there are plenty of resources available online that can create those graphics for you.

For example: I create my graphics in After Effects, export the project as a .MOV file with Alpha Transparency. vMix has a tool that will convert video files into Image Sequences. These can be stored in memory and can be cued up as transitions at any time. I use one for an Instant Replay splash screen.

As far as the scoreboard that could easily be design by someone with XAML knowledge. It would allow you to have a scoreboard animate onscreen, an operator could update the score with simple button presses. There could be a time clock as well or any number of info you would like displayed in the graphic. And while all this looks amazing there is very little resources needed from the system. So unless you want the second PC for other reasons I am sure you won't run in to any problems with CPU usage with the right PC build.
Cpilcher  
#5 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:40:31 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

Here is a segment from one of my productions. I have some minimal overlays being used like a bug that is animated when it enters and exits the screen, and the time clock is integrated in to it as well. But the sky is the limit with the graphics and like I said, they don't add much stress to the CPU or PC in general.

hadi_753  
#6 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:21:44 PM(UTC)
hadi_753

Wow , thanks Cpilcher for sharing ,
Really a very good and full information for my query .

And the most important thing is that you got exactly to my point .

Now , I saw the video . and it's really nice .

What I need is how you did the animated entrance and exit of the scoreboard .. This is what I really need to make a professional scoreboard ...

Thanks again for your sharing ..

Have a nice day
Cpilcher  
#7 Posted : Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:43:12 PM(UTC)
Cpilcher

The logo (Bug) is an asset that was purchased from videohive.net I believe. I then went in through After effects and manipulated it for my own purposes. I have the logo (Bug) on vMix overlay 2, and the Time Clock (also a video file) on overlay 1. They are independent of each other so I can keep the Logo onscreen as long as I need and then I can select the time clocks that are appropriate for each bout / round. There are a lot of pre-made designs you can find online, and there are people that can create custom graphics for your specific purpose.

I am still in the process of getting everything set-up for vMix, so eventually all my graphics will be created in XAML and I can get away from using the pre-rendered video files. If you check out http://www.kaylarecord.com/shop/ , they have a lot of XAML titles and overlays for different sports and can do custom work as well.

Chuck