logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
bavaneld  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 11:39:41 AM(UTC)
bavaneld

Groups: Registered

Im working on a project for our church. We are attempting to send live video/audio from our church to a retirement home about 1 mile away. Im not sure about how to encode and decode the signal. I have tried a HDMI to ip transmitter/receiver but the video is jumpy and the audio is scratchy. Does anyone have any suggestions? See the diagram below for the workflow:
Thanks

UserPostedImage
watchfulone  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 10:01:56 PM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Well first things first, what you are asking is not really related to an issue or improvement to vMix Software, but as a good Samaritans i thought i'd help you a little. My apologies if I offend the administrators of this forum, my heart goes out to those at the retirement home.

1. It would be better to have a little more detail on the vMix computer system in terms of the hardware you are using.

2. If your out put is hdmi then you may need a hdmi transmitter/receiver over ethernet (Tributaries HXC5: 1080p video over Ethernet)Link: http://www.networkingaud...docomgadgetshomeente.php

Note: This website as a lot of video over devices and there are others that may work better you just have to google it.

3. The hdmi receiver at the retirement home would have to be converted from hdmi to composite video providing that the crt tv's each have a composite video terminal and providing that both video and audio is out put through the hdmi vMix system.

4. Again you can google for hdmi to composite with right & left RCA audio.

5. All technical support for vMix settings - out put to hdmi with audio is available on this forum.

6. I use vMix at my Church to broadcast all our services and special events through Adobe FMLE through a online streaming service to other branches all over the world. They simple just use a laptop at the receiving end and a projector & screen with two portable speaker boxes. But the main source is VMIX.
admin  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 9, 2012 10:56:18 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4195 time(s) in 1501 post(s)
Hi,

For wireless transmission of an HDMI signal I would recommend the Teradek Cube set:

http://store.teradek.com...cts/cubelets_200_enc-dec

These devices can be placed at either end of the wireless transmitters

This ensures the bandwidth used is kept as low as possible which is crucial for wireless signals which tend to be unreliable.
The video quality will not be as high as an HDMI to IP solution but it will be more reliable.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
bavaneld  
#4 Posted : Thursday, September 20, 2012 12:34:04 AM(UTC)
bavaneld

Thank you both for the help. I ended up using the Teredek 205 and 405 cubes with an HDMI to composite converter on the retirement home side. After a lot of trial and error on the Teredek settings its working awesome. We are sending live video from our church to the retirement home across town just about 1 mile away as flies.

Thank You vmix for making this possible and quite easy to use.