logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Lars_G  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, March 15, 2016 5:58:00 PM(UTC)
Lars_G

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Good evening gents.

I'm gonna recommend a system for vMix MultiCorder and Streaming, the plan is to record 4 hdmi inputs (from Sony SRG-120DH cameras) at 1080p either 25fps or 30fps. Most surely in MPEG-2 TS, and I want to check a few things about hardware capability in your experience:

Hard disk:

I know MultiCorder is intensive, specially for 4 simultaneous streams at 1080p 25/30fps, but an enclosure is preferred, so we're thinking about G-Tech G-Drive Pro over Thunderbolt 2, http://www.g-technology..../g-drive-pro-thunderbolt which can sustain 480MBs (it uses spinning disks, but in a raid 0 config). Would choosing an SSD based raid 0 setup instead be required for 4 stream MultiCording?

The main computer HDD will be either a WD blue, or Hitachi UltraStar.

Video Card: NVIDIA GTX 980, vendor to be choose yet, 4GB minimum.

Cpu, Mobo, Ram:

- Intel i7-6850K, 6 core @ 3.6Ghz, Broadwell-E family.
- 16GB Ram (minimum).
- Motherboard not chosen yet, but will be Intel X99 chipset based, choice depending on pci lanes (at least one 16x for gpu + one 8x for capture card) and thunderbolt setup.

Capture:

Originally I was going to ask about the differences between Yuan 510 N4 and 542, but seeing some comments about chipset troubles and stability on here, I'm considering the Magewell Quad instead: http://www.amazon.com/Ma...eywords=magewell+xi400de though the price difference hits hard. Unless the situation with Yuan and the chipset has improved recently.

Are there any obvious problems with the setup?

tnorrell  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 12:06:41 AM(UTC)
tnorrell

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 10 post(s)
FYI (from here)

2. I have a multi-channel Pro Capture card. After I run my video capture software, the captured image has problems such as tearing or not horizontally aligned. Or when I try to capture multiple channel simultaneously, the system BSoD (Blue Screen of Death).

The card has compatibility issues with X99 chipset. Please send the card back to Magewell and we will add an EEPROM chip to fix the problem.
Lars_G  
#3 Posted : Wednesday, March 16, 2016 5:13:00 PM(UTC)
Lars_G

So if this project relies on a magewell card it will be better purchased from an authorized direct distributor to help assure it comes updated already...
Teye  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 22, 2016 10:26:24 AM(UTC)
Teye

I would go with SSD over a small array of 7200 rpm spinning media....

Cheers !