logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
avantasia  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 5, 2016 12:12:24 PM(UTC)
avantasia

Groups: Registered

Hi, my name's Paolo from Italy.

I would like to use my notebook (Intel® Core I7-6820 2.7 GHz / 3.6 GHz Turbo Boost, cache 8MB, Ram 8 GB DDR3L 1600 MHz - Hard Disk 1TB ; NVIDIA® GeForce GTX 950 with 2GB) with 2x USB 3.0 HD webcams + 1x Wi-Fi GoPro or with 2x USB 3.0 HD webcams + professional cam linked by HDMI to USB 3.0 adapter.

Is this notebook enought?

What do you suggest me to connect the HDMI professional cam to the notebook? ('cause I don't know if vMix is able to use the HDMI signal converted on USB 3.0 port)

Thank you everyone in advance,

Paolo
mjgraves  
#2 Posted : Sunday, March 6, 2016 3:29:25 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Groups: Registered
Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
The question of "enough" is tough to answer. The laptop you cite will likely be limited by the hard drive. If you're live streaming and not recording to disk it should be adequate.

vMix can use HDMI-to-USB3 interfaces. People seem to have good experience with the Magewell devices, although AVer Media and BlackMagic also make them. The BMD gear is very finicky in my experience.

What webcams do you plan to use? There aren't many that are USB 3.0 capable. Further, there isn't much reason to use USB 3.0 for webcams when you can specify MJPEG encoding over USB 2.0. The Logitech C920, C930, BCC950, PTZ Pro all support MJPEG encoding (UVC 1.1) which enabled 1080p30 over USB 2.0 with no latency.