logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Siroki  
#1 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 4:21:16 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Groups: Registered
Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Was thanked: 27 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Live streaming basketball match, Bosnia & Herzegovina first league derby

HKK Siroki - KK Mladost

6:00 PM TODAY, 30.1.2016., CET
Live from Siroki Brijeg, Pecara

You can watch here:
HercegovinaLive
Youtube
Siroki  
#2 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 3:25:00 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

The game is finished, you can see recorder match on Youtube link in above post
I will put some pics of vMix, camera, gxm...
IceStream  
#3 Posted : Sunday, January 31, 2016 7:37:04 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Siroki

I had a chance to catch some of the game live, job well done although I am curious as to what challenges you face and what the response from fans and management has been. Obviously your coverage is basic single camera with no commentary but that is often for bugetary reasons and not because vMix isn't capable of so much more. I know that is the situation I face with the hockey club I do work for, there is just no budget to do the things I would like to do with live streaming broadcasts.

Ice
Siroki  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 12:17:23 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

IceStream wrote:
@ Siroki

I had a chance to catch some of the game live, job well done although I am curious as to what challenges you face and what the response from fans and management has been. Obviously your coverage is basic single camera with no commentary but that is often for bugetary reasons and not because vMix isn't capable of so much more. I know that is the situation I face with the hockey club I do work for, there is just no budget to do the things I would like to do with live streaming broadcasts.

Ice

We work for free :(
This was our first vMix streaming and only tryout. I had two cameras but my low budget china unbranded capture card wasn't working (do not buy that kind of crap)..From now only branded capture cards in my case, much more money but they work.. We had sony nx30e and nx5

We don't have comentary and people like that :) That's funny but people don't wanna listen bad comentary..because on most our TV stadions commentary is pretty bad..Also, we work for low price so one camera and HD stream with graphics is too much already :))

Next challenge for us would be two cameras and instant replay :)

Thx for review
Siroki  
#5 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 2:28:56 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

corporatejames  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 7:43:25 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
Hi Guys

This is what we do for our professional Basketball in Australia
Graphics and Scoreboard including stats/Teamlinups/Start5
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsRqi_pXpD0 (no in game video for this game due to tv rights, but do audio/radio stream using vmix)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFtcoOZtsA (Presaeason game at one of local association courts outside Sydney, Full video)

I did more with graphics during the season. Next season will be able to 4 Camera replay if we can get extra cameras.

corporatejames  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 1, 2016 7:49:09 PM(UTC)
corporatejames

Man
Australia

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 62 post(s)
If need any advise let me know.

This was another preseason game
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZHWEx8RBTA
This game has all the starting lineups and start5 etc.
Using a very good camera we got lent at the last moment but we didn't have the correct setting unfortunately.
All good for next game that I posted above.

Siroki  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:48:20 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Nice work

richardgatarski  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 8:04:31 AM(UTC)
richardgatarski

Was thanked: 292 time(s) in 246 post(s)
Hi guys,
Just wanted to thank you for sharing, both game samples and behind the screen shots.
Keep on doing it!
Siroki  
#10 Posted : Saturday, February 13, 2016 12:53:27 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

New live event:

HKK Siroki - KK Student

6:00 PM, 13.2.2016., CET
Live from Siroki Brijeg, Pecara

You can watch here:
HercegovinaLive

YouTube link

Like our facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/HercegovinaLive/
Subscribe:
https://www.youtube.com/user/HercegovinaLive

UserPostedImage

Siroki  
#11 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 5:02:49 PM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Replay:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?fe...bedded&v=2GPyxStfXfQ

1280x720, 2000 bitrate
i5 4440, 4 GB RAM, Lenovo, BMD Intensity Pro, Sony NX30e camera

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Siroki  
#12 Posted : Monday, May 9, 2016 8:40:08 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Last night basketball finals streaming by MediaStream and LiVideo
Custom graphics, 2 cameras, HD stream, commentary

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage
Siroki  
#13 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 9:07:42 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

Today we are doing live basketball with commentary, two cameras and custom graphics with scoreboard. I will put some screenshots and recorded match. Who ever wanna can watch the game live here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bB2u9BJOHoo
IceStream  
#14 Posted : Monday, November 14, 2016 3:01:43 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Siroki

Once again, nice work, things appear to be progressing well for you as you gain more and more experience.
I am curious about the cameras you used (I am assuming both sony's, nx30 and nx5 as stated earlier) as there is an obvious saturation difference between them and I am not sure if you attempted to balance them at all.
(this is a pet peeve of mine with multi cam shoots that it is often hard to match cameras and although vMix offers some tools for this, it can be quite tedious to get it close)
Also, although nothing to do with you or your production, I found the background advertising display boards to be very distracting. Unlike a football (soccer) stadium, on a basketball court it takes up a significant amount of screen estate and doesn't blend into the background very well, which of course is their job, I just found it continuously disruptive.

Keep up the great work!

Ice
Siroki  
#15 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 4:57:58 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

IceStream wrote:
@ Siroki

Once again, nice work, things appear to be progressing well for you as you gain more and more experience.
I am curious about the cameras you used (I am assuming both sony's, nx30 and nx5 as stated earlier) as there is an obvious saturation difference between them and I am not sure if you attempted to balance them at all.
(this is a pet peeve of mine with multi cam shoots that it is often hard to match cameras and although vMix offers some tools for this, it can be quite tedious to get it close)
Also, although nothing to do with you or your production, I found the background advertising display boards to be very distracting. Unlike a football (soccer) stadium, on a basketball court it takes up a significant amount of screen estate and doesn't blend into the background very well, which of course is their job, I just found it continuously disruptive.

Keep up the great work!

Ice

Hi Ice,
thx for sharing this. I use Sony NX30 and PMW EX1. Sure I was trying to match both cameras but its hard to set them up to look the same. I see also a bit of saturation (mostly) problem between two cameras and I am figting with that. I spend a lot of time to match second (PMW EX1) camera color, picture profile etc but didn't get it right yet. I don't have camera for lot of time and don't use second camera often. It depends what customer wants because second camera costs extra money. Another problem is for example stadium when you have one half of field on sun and another in shadow. I just can't get it right and I saw on profesional TV station the same problem in that conditions. I guessed that I will have problems with that so I was trying to get similar cameras but could't find one to fit the budget. Second problem is zoom optio because PMW EX1 has larger zooming options than NX30.

I know for advertising led background. It mess up picture. Its problem for profesional TV station that are doing live basketball in Regional league.

Best Regards
Marko
Siroki  
#16 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 5:03:16 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

UserPostedImage

Just few pictures.

I had one problem during the end of third quarter and on last one. The stream audio went ok but the video skip and then I had of sync video.
Stream was going on Youtube. I had headphones and the STREAM button in vMix was red all the time without blinking or went orange. Audio was going fine but video mess up.

Did anyone had similar problems?
One friend says to me that it was written on yt player Streamer stopped the stream but audio was going normaly. Then audio was gone few seconds and everything was back (audio and video) and stream continues normaly but of sync.

I didn't have this problem before.

Thx
Marko
r@wisla  
#17 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 7:56:00 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Siroki wrote:
I had one problem during the end of third quarter and on last one. The stream audio went ok but the video skip and then I had of sync video.
Stream was going on Youtube. I had headphones and the STREAM button in vMix was red all the time without blinking or went orange. Audio was going fine but video mess up.

One friend says to me that it was written on yt player Streamer stopped the stream but audio was going normaly. Then audio was gone few seconds and everything was back (audio and video) and stream continues normaly but of sync.

When did you find out that this happened? After or during the game? If during, all you can do is stop the stream and start it again.

I had such issue many months ago, my colleague was watching the stream, he let me know and I did what's written above.
Siroki  
#18 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 9:27:58 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

r@wisla wrote:
Siroki wrote:

When did you find out that this happened? After or during the game? If during, all you can do is stop the stream and start it again.

I had such issue many months ago, my colleague was watching the stream, he let me know and I did what's written above.

I found out after the match. One friend send me before last period but I didn't believe him because he was sending same on soccer game and after 5 secs sent: "oh, now is everything ok." So I can't believe anyone :))

I work for couple of years and this is first time I had this issue. The audio was captured from NX30, ch1 commentary, ch2 hall.. Everything was smooth until the end of third period when video just skips few seconds further but audio stays on the right way. I can't figure why this happend because I didn't watch live constantly but I had headphones in PC that runs stream and everything was sync on PC where audio and video input was coming from Sony NX30 camera over HDMI on Intensity Pro. Thats what screwed me.

I think the problem was in interent connection, maybe it drop down few seconds and mess everything up.

I agree the best solution is to stop/start stream but it's tricky when you have commentary :)))

Thx for replay
Marko
r@wisla  
#19 Posted : Tuesday, November 15, 2016 11:07:29 AM(UTC)
r@wisla

Man

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 37 post(s)
Siroki wrote:
I think the problem was in interent connection, maybe it drop down few seconds and mess everything up.

Maybe. If the sound on your production PC was OK, then it had to be somewhere beyond - when the signal left the PC.

It could be something on YouTube side.

BTW,
Siroki wrote:
The audio was captured from NX30, ch1 commentary, ch2 hall..

This makes the commentary heared on one ear only. Quite annoying, specially when your viewer watches the stream with earphones.

Siroki wrote:
I agree the best solution is to stop/start stream but it's tricky when you have commentary :)))

Just ask him to shut up for a moment ;-)
Siroki  
#20 Posted : Wednesday, November 16, 2016 4:50:42 AM(UTC)
Siroki

Man
Bosnia and Herzegovina

r@wisla wrote:

BTW,
Siroki wrote:
The audio was captured from NX30, ch1 commentary, ch2 hall..

This makes the commentary heared on one ear only. Quite annoying, specially when your viewer watches the stream with earphones.

Do you have cheaper and better solution? :)
When I talk to TV stations here they always do this way on interviews and stuff. On one channel is speaker and another is ambient. The audio is ok on live and no one didn't say it's bad or something like that. I learn this way from others, experienced people ;)

Best regards
Marko