logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
GeorgeR  
#1 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 5:15:11 AM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
I did a video recording tonight where I recorded a 1920x1080 video @59.95p (MP4) on 3 different drives with vMix. One of those drives was a SD Card via USB 2.0 card reader (I don't have an internal SD Card drive a 3.0 USB in my desktop).
The SD Card recording was well within the vMix benchmarks; render time of 20ms or less and CPU load of 70% or less.

My desktop is an i7
16 GB RAM
Graphic Card: ASUS GeForce GTX 750Ti GDDR5 2GB Graphics Card GTX750TI-OC-2GD5

I have tested SD Cards for recording vMix videos several times and each time they work great.

Have any of you in the vMix community tried recording videos on a SD Card? Your results/thoughts?

Perhaps the folks with vMix can weigh-in on using SD Cards for recording videos or do some future testing on recording videos to SD Card Drives?

Here's the link to the YouTube video starting at 00:06:50 using the SD Card for the video recording: https://youtu.be/8Nw2vzDT7e0?t=6m50s

Cheers!
~George
Ed Tech  
#2 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 8:50:17 AM(UTC)
Ed Tech

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
It could well be your SD card. SD Cards come in several speed ranges ranging from 2 to 10. While standard definition and 720p may function well enough on a card with a 6 marking, full HD would require a 10 rated card. Just curious, does the card you use have a circled 10 on the front?

Hope the little I know helps,
xbamaris  
#3 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 11:29:16 AM(UTC)
xbamaris

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Ed Tech wrote:
It could well be your SD card. SD Cards come in several speed ranges ranging from 2 to 10. While standard definition and 720p may function well enough on a card with a 6 marking, full HD would require a 10 rated card. Just curious, does the card you use have a circled 10 on the front?

?? I dont think he said any where in that there was a problem? He was just asking if people used SD cards and what the positives/negatives are about it....
GeorgeR  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 12, 2016 2:45:05 PM(UTC)
GeorgeR

Man

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 28 post(s)
Ed Tech wrote:

Ed Tech,

I've had this card for a long time. The closest thing I found on Amazon was a PNY 4 GB Flash Memory Card P-SD HC 4G4-AZ.
Never had an issue recording HD videos using it in a camcorder

~George