logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ChrisCJSU  
#1 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 11:48:41 AM(UTC)
ChrisCJSU

Groups: Registered

Hello,

Our church has been using vMix to record our worship services for a few years now and we are very satisfied with the product. One issue I'm having is a lot of buzz is coming from the audio. This buzz has become a lot worse when I installed the latest version of vMix (16.0.0.115). I am taking the audio off the board on an auxiliary channel (1/4" TS) into the PC Line in 3.5mm jack. Can someone point me to what we need to do in order to eliminate the audio buzz?

Thanks in advance!
jhebbel  
#2 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 12:11:07 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
If it is software and you can confirm it by using an actual mixer, then try making sure all your sampling rates matchup. If the issue occurs even with a mixer it could be a ground loop, very common issue and easily fixed with ground loop isolators from any audio store.
jpeg2RAW  
#3 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2016 3:35:17 PM(UTC)
jpeg2RAW

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I had to fight buzz/hum in my audio. With 3 computers, mixer and compressor, I wasn't sure where it was coming from. Ended up changing every caudio able to a higher quality version, bought hum eliminators (Hum X from EBTech) and replaced the mic. The hum eliminators helped, the cables helped and even the new mic helped. But for me the two things that helped the most was moving my mic stand, which was clamped to the desk with my PC and therefore getting all the vibrations from the computer. The second was putting all the audio gear on the same power outlet. If you are getting noise around the 60-80Hz, then you have a ground loop problem. Using the Hum eliminators can help, but solving the source of the ground loop is the ultimate solution.

Mike
ChrisCJSU  
#4 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 9:24:54 PM(UTC)
ChrisCJSU

Thanks for the replies! I was able to add a Ground Loop Isolator and eliminate almost all the buzz. Take a look at our latest video:

Our church building is nearing 50 years old so a lot of our issues are most likely from the electrical system in the building. I'm happy where we are at now. Thanks again for your assistance!