logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
VjMikey  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 5:33:52 PM(UTC)
VjMikey

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello all,

I have a question that I 've been around a long time . Often when I turn a production , I work with many inputs that all I need to see good and clear on the screen.

If I use only the multiview then I can only eight inputs, see. But if I feature pack for 12 inputs layout pack then I see the screens not so good.

Is it possible to create two separate multiviews which are divided into two screens? Perhaps it would be a great idea :-)
jhebbel  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 7:15:42 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I'm not sure if I understand correctly, but if I do, I would propose a adaptation to the feature request that may encompass your request as well as add some cool functionality.

I would like to see an option in the inputs to adjust the size of each preview independently. The would only apply to the fullscreen views but would allow people to set their important primary cameras to double size and all the supporting inputs to 1/2 size, just one possible case.
ask  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, February 2, 2016 10:20:06 PM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
This would fit very nicely with another FR I have asked for here: http://forums.vmix.com/d....aspx?g=posts&t=3846
jhebbel  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2016 8:44:41 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

I like that aswell, perhaps also the option to explicitly hide inputs as well. I have a lower 3rd which is script powered that does not need to appear as an input on any of my screens, just a waste of space. Also the option to hide preview and program, and layout each display independently, so I can have a large preview and program along with 8 cameras on mon 1 then maybe set up all my graphics and clips on mon 2 in med size windows.

UserPostedImage

I am likely asking a lot, but since in my production workflows I typically like to completely get rid of the program window and work solely off the fullscreen views relying on my controller and tally feedback to get pertinent info, It would be nice to have a lot more flexibility. I have seen a few extensions of the WrapPanel control for WPF that add a layout called masonry or similar that helps with layout with varying sized children controls.
thanks 1 user thanked jhebbel for this useful post.
VjMikey on 2/3/2016(UTC)
jhebbel  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, February 3, 2016 10:16:00 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

And now to completely derail the train, I just realized, If all inputs can be shot via NDI and NDI truly has a less than 1 frame latency, what is to keep us from developing our own 3rd party app to handle creating our displays! I would be willing to take this project on once vmix 17 comes out and I get some hands on time with NDI. I would love a drag and drop program to set up unlimited external displays with independent layouts with varying input sizes and even additional options like throwing a tally matrix up on screen or audio spectrums, clocks, timers etc!!!

I hope NDI is everything we are being promised because I just got a little excited about the possibilities such a protocol opens up!

Something like being able to set up displays like this with the clocks and timers as part of it:
jhebbel attached the following image(s):
1.jpg (394kb) downloaded 37 time(s).

You cannot view/download attachments. Try to login or register.
jhebbel  
#6 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 3:05:10 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

I've been trying to DL the SDK from Newtek to develop something for this, but the link has been broken and I haven't had any luck as of yet.
thecloudmediagroup  
#7 Posted : Monday, February 8, 2016 8:58:02 PM(UTC)
thecloudmediagroup

Man
United States

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 43 post(s)
jhebbel wrote:
I've been trying to DL the SDK from Newtek to develop something for this, but the link has been broken and I haven't had any luck as of yet.

I have the SDK if you are looking for it. Shoot me your email and I will send it to you.
ask  
#8 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 5:55:28 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
jhebbel wrote:
And now to completely derail the train, I just realized, If all inputs can be shot via NDI and NDI truly has a less than 1 frame latency, what is to keep us from developing our own 3rd party app to handle creating our displays! I would be willing to take this project on once vmix 17 comes out and I get some hands on time with NDI. I would love a drag and drop program to set up unlimited external displays with independent layouts with varying input sizes and even additional options like throwing a tally matrix up on screen or audio spectrums, clocks, timers etc!!!

I hope NDI is everything we are being promised because I just got a little excited about the possibilities such a protocol opens up!

Something like being able to set up displays like this with the clocks and timers as part of it:

You may find that Newtek will release a set of tools that might do what you are after. You can get access to the SDK by submitting a request to Newtek. http://ndi.newtek.com
jhebbel  
#9 Posted : Tuesday, February 9, 2016 7:53:42 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

ask wrote:
jhebbel wrote:

You may find that Newtek will release a set of tools that might do what you are after. You can get access to the SDK by submitting a request to Newtek. http://ndi.newtek.com

Already did, the link that they email for the DL is broken. It is supposed to be http://new.tk/NDISDK/
jhebbel  
#10 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 5:11:02 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

NDI SDK has arrived, Loving NDI already, making a input monitor program to replace the vMix full screen display seems very feasible.
admin  
#11 Posted : Wednesday, February 10, 2016 10:51:46 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
jhebbel wrote:

I don't think we have promised what you think NDI can do....

NDI is amazing in the fact that it can replace SDI and HDMI with network cables, but it won't necessarily expand the number of inputs and outputs.
The limitations of the computer in question still apply.

The current plan is to link NDI to the following in vMix:

1. Camera inputs in vMix (from capture cards) so they can be received from elsewhere on the network.
2. Audio inputs in vMix (from ASIO or sound cards)
3. Receive an "unlimited" number of NDI inputs from the network into vMix
(up to the computers CPU/GPU capabilities, for example if your computer can handle 4 camera inputs today, it can likely handle 4 NDI inputs instead )
4. Two outputs from vMix, Output (the final mix) and External 2 (4K and Pro) will be available.

jhebbel  
#12 Posted : Thursday, February 11, 2016 7:21:42 AM(UTC)
jhebbel

I gathered from this
?t=20m that the inputs were exposed as well, but looking closely I see that is NDI signals from the cameras and not inputs in vmix as the shots are not composited. Disappointing. I have seen negligible resource impact in my testing thus far when exposing additional NDI streams (it is a very well written framework) so I would hope that you are open to the idea of exposing inputs optionally up to the user to the NDI protocol.

Some pcs may not be able to handle it and you are right, I have seen plenty of threads where people are stuck in SD because of equipment or having trouble with more than 2 or 3 1080p cameras, but there are a few of us with machines that seemingly can handle a little or even a lot more, so make the option to expose inputs and outputs optional defaulted to off and that should satisfy both sides of the fence.