logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ber142  
#1 Posted : Thursday, January 21, 2016 5:50:58 AM(UTC)
ber142

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

I wrote some own software to show game statistics in vMix via the regular HTTP API. Disadvantage of the solution is the separate program to control the statistics. You cannot control the statistics at the same time as the inputs in vMix. You have to switch programs.

Of course you use a second PC with a separate operator, but what if the vMix operator can control the statistics directly from vMix?

My initial thoughts was to convert the program to a XAML input. Not difficult and works fine. However I want to send vMix shortcuts to the XAML input, so that the operator can decide which statistics need to be shown. As far as I known, this is not possible.

Therefor, could you please extend the WPF User Control interface with a simple method/or event to receive a vMix shortcut? You can even make it more advanced, by sending also the type of event/function to the XAML, so that the XAML Control can react on those events/functions.

I think this option would be really valuable to extend vMix with own extensions.

Kind regards,
Hanno.
tesn  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 4:43:51 PM(UTC)
tesn

Man

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Not sure I totally follow but this sounds like what we try to do. I have a program that controls graphics. We went with an xKeys controller sending shortcuts and having AutoHotKey listening and activating different programs. Autohotkey is the key . . . it activates a window and sends a shortcut to it, or a mouse click. I'd look into that.

-Brian
ber142  
#3 Posted : Sunday, February 14, 2016 7:23:41 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Brian,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try if it is an option for me.

However, adding the functionality directly to vMix (it's just a simple extension to the API) would be nicer to my opinion. Then you have everything just in vMix instead of working with a workaround.

Regards, Hanno.
brian078  
#4 Posted : Friday, February 26, 2016 3:53:31 PM(UTC)
brian078

Man

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
+1