logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
DC Mike  
#1 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 6:52:58 AM(UTC)
DC Mike

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
We used vMix for the first time today for instant replay at a basketball tournament. Overall things went well, but I have a question. Is it possible to create a shortcut (lower right buttons on Shuttle 2, for example) that will copy an event to a playlist? In a fast-paced game, using the mouse really slows things down.

Ideally, I think I'd like to use one of the buttons to send clips to list 2 for team A, and the other to copy to list 3 for team B. When things are moving quickly, right-clicking and using a fly-out menu to copy an event doesn't work too well.

I looked at the shortcut commands and didn't see anything. Did I miss it? Our biggest day starts in a few hours, and I'd like to figure out a way to make it work.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 9:31:06 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ DC Mike

I'm not as familiar with the "Instant Replay" workflow anymore or how you have things set up but I would explore the following options:
- ReplaySelectEvents1,2,3,4
- ReplayMoveLastEvent
- ReplayMoveSelectedEvent

I know the 'Video Delay' feature will save clips to a specific "List" folder, but the 'Instant Replay' works a little differently and might be difficult to manage completely with "Shortcuts".

Ice
DC Mike  
#3 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 11:41:19 AM(UTC)
DC Mike

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi Ice,

Thanks for the reply... I'll take a look at those when I get to the arena, but I'm looking for a way to copy the event instead of move. I'd like to keep all clips in the first list in case game flow allows a single replay soon after the event, but copy to another list for highlight reels.

Mike
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Saturday, January 23, 2016 2:29:48 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ DC Mike

As near as I can remember, outside of allocating "Events" to one of your 'Events Lists' (MoveSelectedEvent) you would have to 'Export' selected events for individual clips to be saved individually, which is a more involved process and I don't think is what you want to do during a live broadcast, but would be fine for afterwards.
The 'Instant Replay' is more of a continuous recording with multiple "In" and "Out" points for recall and playback on demand that can be classified in different 'Event Lists' but are not actually individual clips until exported as such.

Ice