logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Element III  
#1 Posted : Sunday, December 13, 2015 11:32:36 PM(UTC)
Element III

Groups: Registered

Hi, can you plz add a function for in and out the record i mean when im recording something i have sometimes to cut and relaunch the record but its not really perfect cause of the delay of stop and start so if we have the possibilities to made just a mark in and out on the currently record and then have the part of this record in an other record folder it will be perfect :)
Thx a lot
Damn2Good4U  
#2 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 7:29:27 AM(UTC)
Damn2Good4U

Man

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Element III wrote:
Hi, can you plz add a function for in and out the record i mean when im recording something i have sometimes to cut and relaunch the record but its not really perfect cause of the delay of stop and start so if we have the possibilities to made just a mark in and out on the currently record and then have the part of this record in an other record folder it will be perfect :)
Thx a lot

Hello,

I guess what you are looking for is already there...

click on the record cog

At the bottom of the Recording Setup pop-up window

You will see "New Files Every:" ____________ Minutes

You can now select from the drop down menu every minute you want vMix to stop and start a new recording with no issues or unnecessary gap/delay

I hope this helps
Element III  
#3 Posted : Monday, December 14, 2015 6:42:20 PM(UTC)
Element III

Hum thats not totaly what i want ^^ i want to choose when i start and stop a new record but without cut the other main record its like i have 2 different record one for all and one for some part.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, December 15, 2015 12:47:02 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Element III

The "Instant Replay" feature might be an option for you for something like that, although you would be recording individual cameras as opposed to "Program" output, but you certainly will be able to mark and adjust "in" and "out" points and save the clips.
Alternatively, you could use the "Video Delay" feature, mark your "out" point and save the previous 'X' number of seconds (up to 120 seconds) in a clip that you could then alter the "in" and "out" points within the clip (not ideal but it might suit your needs depending on what you are doing).
I am not exactly sure of your needs, but you are essentially asking for a 'Secondary' intermittent recording capability, and that is what those two features bring to the table, just maybe not as convenient as you would like.

Ice
Element III  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 12:58:42 AM(UTC)
Element III

Yes it can be done with instant replay but its not really optimized for that :p
Speegs  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 16, 2015 4:32:43 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
+1 for dropping a marker or triggering a new file manual when you see something you will need in editing later. Really useful for me.

I used video delay but doesn't really do it. Have not tried replay system would be too taxing on my systems