logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Podcast Bob  
#1 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 6:10:23 AM(UTC)
Podcast Bob

Groups: Registered
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hi everyone. First time post so bear with me.

I want to create a stand alone Social Media reporter station to feed into my Tricaster TC40. (Component)

I have a dedicated PC I want to allocate it to vMix and use the software and vMix social to bring in comments and questions which the on screen talent will read and discuss.

Using my Blackmagic Board for ins and outs I think vMix will allow me to do the following;

1) Attach the talent camera where they are sitting in front of the green screen and feed that into the PC.

2) Place either a looping or still Virtual Studio behind the talent.

3) Run vMix Social over the talent (which they control themselves - selection and presentation)

4) Output the complete image into my other switcher.

I've watched the demos and can see that 1 and 2 are standard features, however the Social Mix demo only appears to suggest it running over a solid Green Screen colour.

I'm sure it must do this, however I wanted to ask the experts here first before I start on my journey.

As a secondary question coming to vMix Social, I see the queuing feature is vital to arrange content, however the demo suggests a 2 click process to open and the queue the content. Surely it would be easier and quicker to 'right click' and then 'queue'?

Has anyone considered having 2 or more queues in the system? It would help then for the talent to then discuss 'on Twitter we have', 'on Facebook we have' and 'on IRC we have' rather than having them all mixed together, so the viewers could be encouraged to get onto the appropriate platform and discuss/argue things between them, rather than discussing content 'on vMix Social screen' as it were.

Just a thought.

Thanks
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 10:07:53 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ Podcast Bob

I would strongly recommend your take advantage of the "fully functional" 60 day vMix Trial.
vMix Social is a great little plug-in app for vMix but it would be best to test your ideas and workflow out first as it may or may not suit your needs (I've tried it, but I don't use it so I'm not all that familiar with it's intricacies).
Never-the-less, I think you will be pleasantly surprised with vMix's capabilities, and certainly, any feedback or suggestions that will help to make the product better for you (and everyone else) are always considered by Martin and his team, so essentially you have nothing to lose but a little bit of time playing around with all the possibilities, and everything to gain if it fits your needs.

Ice
madness  
#3 Posted : Tuesday, December 8, 2015 4:45:18 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I would agree with Ice! The only way to know for sure if it will meet all your demands is to personally test it.