logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhebbel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 1:03:17 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Would be nice when a liveshot using an overlay layer of 1-4, when I preview my next shot with layers 1-4 that it does not affect the live shot, ie take it down.

Would also be nice if a layer goes from preview to live by way of transitioning or cutting the previewed shot to live, that the overlay return to preview with the shot when it is faded back out and not remain as an overlay for the next shot.
I get why it does not do it all the time as many time you want overlays to remain between shots, but if the overlay is not implicitly activated it should be considered to transition out with the shot just as it transitions in.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:30:17 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ jhebbel

To some extent, that is the difference between a downstream key and an upstream key.
You can easily achieve the objective of associating a particular overlay with a specific input with the 'MultiView' feature of that input (an Upstream key).
Alternatively, you could set-up a 'Trigger' to remove overlays when you transition out from a particular input, not as elegant (cut not fade) but it will work.
Either way, vMix is very versatile and feature powerful and is able to already accomplish what you request, it's just a matter of setting things up appropriately.

Ice
jhebbel  
#3 Posted : Sunday, November 22, 2015 5:33:31 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
Unfortunately while vMix may be versatile, almost every shortcoming I have run into so far is due to the assumption that I have time to sit down and program vMix and my MIDI device prior to each show, I don't as most of my streams are done off site and I have minimal setup time.