logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
livestreamer67  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 5:31:01 PM(UTC)
livestreamer67

Groups: Registered

I just started out live streaming, I am on a SUPER tight budget so I have a cheap av capture card and a Radio Shack AV Switcher witch both of my cameras go into. However since I am so cheap, if I used the iPhone tally light system I can only use it one one input because the two camera switching is done on my temporary Radio Shack av Switch. Is there a way I could create something so my talent can know which camera is live.

Thanks
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 6:20:16 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ livestreamer67

It won't exactly be "fool proof" as you will have to 'shadow' switch in vMix, but it will work.
If you set up 2 'Blank' or 'Colour' Inputs and use the 'MultiView' feature to overlay your camera input on each (I would rename them something like Cam 1 and Cam 2) and set-up your smartphones 'Tally Light' to those respective inputs, as you switch between Cam 1 and Cam 2 in vMix, the "Tally" will follow your vMix Switch.
The trick will be coordinating your Radio Shack AV Switches with your vMix Switches because, essentially, vMix is only receiving one feed and both 'Inputs' will always have the same image so you will have to keep track of which image is for which 'real' camera.

I would strongly recommend finding a second capture device to make life so much simpler, but you asked if there is a way to do it, so there you have it.

Let us know how it all works out.

Ice
pldesigner  
#3 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2015 1:30:22 AM(UTC)
pldesigner

I would've tried to use two USB webcams as source inputs. There's a slight delay, but that way, you'd be able to use two iphones to let the talent know which input is live.
The other way is to add a second screen to your computer and feed the mixed output to that monitor. And then you place that monitor where your talent can see it.