logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
rkeijsers  
#1 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 2:32:35 AM(UTC)
rkeijsers

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I would like to request a possibility to set a master position and rotation (X and Z) to setup all of the inputs to these values.
Now its only possible to set 4 values for the position in the "settings" / "display", but not the exact zoom, pan or rotation.

A copy option of a position and rotation from an input to another input could also be handy.

I use this option to keystone the output to a beamer, wich is not always that good setup, so the projection is not exact projected on the screen.
By changing the postion and the rotate X and Z values i can setup the beamer exactly to the screen so it fits nicely.

The problem is that i use very different sources (inputs) every time and i need to set the position and rotate x and z for every input again.

I hope this will be fixed in a new version.
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 10:00:35 AM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ rkeijsers

Have you considered a preset using the 'MultiView' feature with a blank or colour input?
Whatever parameters you set for corresponding overlays will be applied to whatever 'Input' you use in that spot.

Ice
rkeijsers  
#3 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 12:23:07 PM(UTC)
rkeijsers

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I never worked with multiview.
How can i do this?
homeless  
#4 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 1:07:30 PM(UTC)
homeless

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I think that topicstarter thinks about mapping master video from vMix to unlinear surfaces. And it needed some instruments to correct geometrical distortions to MASTER(PROGRAM) output in vMix.
Small workaround - use another software to mapping - i seek this and find - Mapio (www.visution.ru or comu) - this software use vMix virtual output as input and give you many ability to correct real output screen.
BUT - may be some delay.
IceStream  
#5 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2015 7:22:27 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ rkeijsers

Essentially, MultiView can be used like a "Mix Effects" bus or "Special Effect" preset.
I would be inclined to set-up a 'Special Effect' or 'Blank' Input for each 'Input' you need to keystone (or at least a few that you can switch between and change on the fly).
In other words, add a new "Colour" Input for each preset you need.
Open the 'MultiView' window for that new 'Input' (Cog Wheel/MultiView).
You can use any overlay channel, but for simplicity sake choose 1.
From the drop down, you can choose any 'Input' you have already added to vMix.
You now have a 'duplicate' Input of your original Input (kind of like a virtual Input but you have the option to change the source).
Click the "Position" button of 'Overlay 1' and you can now adjust your XYZ coordinates to your needs.
Now whatever 'Input' you select from the dropdown menu of 'Overlay 1' will conform to that 'Preset'.
You can repeat this process for every 'preset' you need or even create 'Virtual Inputs' from that first 'Special Effect' if all your coordinates are the same across all your 'Inputs'.
It might take a bit of time to set it all up, but if you save the profile, the 'coordinates' should be saved as well.

The best advice I can give is to play around with it to get a better understanding of how it all works and what is possible, you will quickly realize how powerful vMix really is in this regard.

I hope that helps some and answers your need somewhat if I have understood it properly.

Ice
jongdbg  
#6 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 4:49:05 AM(UTC)
jongdbg

Man

Hi all,

It takes too much time to change all inputs every time to keystone/correct to the needed output shape.
Using a overlay/effect for every input takes lots of time as well.
Especially when adding a input on the fly during a production!
A simple keystone correction setup on the output setting would be saving lots of time (besides using multiview).

Using Mapio (thanks homeless for this workaround) works, but is way to heavy for only this feature.
So i would also prefer a keystone/correction function to be available on the output side in Vmix, please....
Thanks!

Psing  
#7 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 11:10:15 AM(UTC)
Psing

Man

+1

I already needed this like you.

Martin, is it possible to see in output our realtime XYZ modifications on overlays?
homeless  
#8 Posted : Wednesday, December 2, 2015 11:33:46 AM(UTC)
homeless

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Quote:
Martin, is it possible to see in output our realtime XYZ modifications on overlays?

+100500

Uncomfortable change overlays parameters and not see changes on screen :( And - may be overlays dimensions can be fixed - as example - i use overlay to input 16:9 - and config overlay params to this format, but if i use this overlay with input source 4:3 - my screen crashed :( (in some times most inputs has 16:9, but 1-2-3 use 4:3). May be create checkbox - "resize input to overlay size" ?

And, may be insert digital indicators (as in zoom, pan, rotate params) on cropping regulators.

And +1000 to topic starter - needed creating all transforming options for programm output. (it is not always - checkbox for users, who need it - who dont need this - get no delay in processing)