logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
jhebbel  
#1 Posted : Sunday, November 1, 2015 4:06:03 PM(UTC)
jhebbel

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I sometimes do shows where I have a larger number of video inputs than normal, 7+. I am also using an external mixer for my mic inputs as well as a few in system audio sources such as bumpers, stingers, etc. It would be nice if pure audio sources such as my USB interface did not take up a position in the shots window, my concern is with it taking up a valuable slot on my MIDI controller that could be slated for video functions, not actual visual real estate. It would also be nice if audio inputs could be indexed just like other media inputs are right now. This would mean I could program the clip and track section of my APC40 for the first 8 video slots and the sliders for the first 8 audio slots, instead of sharing 8 between the two since audio takes up an index.

I am aware that I could easily manually remap the device to do this on my own, but my APC is mapped sequentially to input numbers rather than implicitly to the shots themselves as show structure varies quite a bit between broadcasts and set up time is limited, I don't have time to re program all the slots on my MIDI for each setup.

Also, I mentioned it elsewhere, but not in the feature request board yet, MIDI note and control OUT would be super, but i'm sure you guys probably already have that in the que somewhere ;-)