logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages<123>
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Famous Pictures  
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 2:40:53 PM(UTC)
Famous Pictures

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
A feature request:

A nice indicator for RECORD and STREAM (for external output). I mostly record live music and stop and start recordings several times during the evening (band breaks, etc.). Several times no recording has been made because the operator did not realize the start button was not clicked. Having a small green button on the bottom of the program window that reads STOP is not the best way to show a recording is in progress. We have lost a few segments due to this oversight.

The indicator could be in the title bar of the program window or separate graphic below the VU meters.

Also, what is the purpose of the three time indicators during a live broadcast? They just read 00:00:00 / 00:00:01 / 00:00:01. They are useful for video playback, but perhaps an option to not show the timers?

By the way, our recorded shows are online here if you care to take a look!

http://www.cicadaclub.co...t-archive-TELEVISION.asp

Thanks!
ClementN  
#22 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 3:47:40 PM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Just to make sure that those suggestions (including mine) will not turn against us :)

we really need that all additional info on the external output to be optional (we voted for time info and the "recording status" is a great idea, too.)

We need that for the cases when we record the external output with a hardware recorder as a back-up recorder so we can record a clean image if needed.

Thank you,
fordry  
#23 Posted : Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:26:27 PM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
regarding the bitrate issue at higher resolutions, for dvd purposes, which is what mpeg-2 is mostly meant for, you aren't going to go above 720x anyway. And if you are going above that, you aren't intending it for a dvd so a higher bitrate shouldn't be an issue. Thanks for looking at it.
ber142  
#24 Posted : Sunday, June 17, 2012 11:25:31 AM(UTC)
ber142

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Martin,

Would it be possible to arrange the playback speed functionality also for the video input?

And if so, could you arrange shortcuts to adjust the speed (using the web interface) for both the video as the delay input? (if not, I also like to see shortcuts to adjust the speed of the delay :-)

Thank you,

Regards,

Hanno.

Dr. Brain  
#25 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 4:56:10 AM(UTC)
Dr. Brain

for the web interface:

-an optional window that displays the active output and/or the preview.
-to be able to edit the title text from the web interface.
-display all of the input names and types with basic action buttons for each.
-to be able to define and edit the shortcuts from within the web interface.
admin  
#26 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 9:34:51 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4135 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Hi All,

An additional feature being tested in v4 is native 64bit support.
The two main advantages of native 64bit support for vMix are:

* Better performance
* Larger Video Delay times. 16GB of ram would allow up to 2 minutes in full HD or 10 minutes in SD.

Both 64bit and 32bit versions of vMix will be included in a single installation so customers can choose which version is best for them.
QuickTime and some other codecs do not provide 64bit versions of their software so keep that in mind when deciding which version to use.
All other features will be available in both versions, including Flash and RTMP.

Regards,

Martin
vMix

ber142  
#27 Posted : Monday, June 18, 2012 2:01:03 PM(UTC)
ber142

Hi martin,

Does it mean that you can also add multiple delays as input for the 64bit version? A combination with an option to connect a delay to a different input than the main output adds some new powerfull possibilities to vMix.

Regards, Hanno.
dundurs  
#28 Posted : Tuesday, June 19, 2012 1:08:05 PM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Hello, everyone,
Its really great to see such activity and many ideas. I have also compiled a list of wishes from my clients and our own live broadcasting teams (I will try not to repeat others):

1. add possibility to have delays for any input. in our case three camcorders

2. add possibility to save the current video delay to hdd. perhaps existing video list input could be used together with specific folder as video source and all video gets dumped there from RAM and automatically reloaded in video list, so it can be quickly used and its easy to play the right video? this is a must-have for sports events when after half time we want to show the best episodes

3. add possibility to use more than one output monitor (we often have cases when we want to take the advantage of DVI and HDMI output simultaneously)

4. add some borders for inputs, for example picture on picture with shadowy borders looks so much better

5. add checkbox to autostart-external and autolock the application, making it possible to run vMix as autonomous service and only use the web interface or in our case external touch panel which sends HTTP requests to vMix web interface

6. when developing API or web interface, make sure commands are discrete - only ON or OFF, for example, audio on to make sure that audio is not turned off when executing the command twice, which would happen when accidentally pressing a button twice

7. add checkbox “self render” or force a certain fps (50i/25p in our case) for the whole vMix profile. when streaming on internet and recording its important to keep video at a fixed bitrate and fps to make sure users will have a good viewing experience and video will be editable. I have had issues with video clips inserted via vMix and suddenly finding out that they have 50fps which doubles the bitrate in FMLE, makes the livestream laggy and video is not editable afterwards

8. add possibility to use two or more vMix instances simultaneously. this is useful for projects when we have one video input and we have to deliver two streams each with a different visualisation (for example, logotype). this however would involve at least three vMix since one would be used for “multiplying” the source video input for using eith other vMix instances

I have also come across some problems, perhaps Martin can help me:

1. sometimes after loosing focus (we use other software simultensoulsy with vMix, for example skype, teamviewer) vMix becomes unresponsive and it takes a couple of minutes to get back to normal. this has been noticed on more than one computer

2. sometimes vMix hangs, but I suspect its because of Hauppauge USB Live device drivers. however, I see this more happening in v3 compared to older versions

3. we use vMix with Vostro 3750 which has two “clever” video adapters - intel HD and nvidia that sor of work in parallel, is there any way to tell vMix to use nvidia only? I suspect we loose some rendering quality due to using the less effective video adapter - intel HD, render times are at 10ms, but we are not entirely happy with motion. on theory can a better video adapter improve video motion? there is quite a difference between vMix MPEG2 recording and recording on camcorders flash drive, I can provide some videos if necessary

4. since introducing “built in audio” feature, when using two or three hauppauges, the audio channels get mixed up - hauppauge1 video uses hauppauge2 audio and so on. before this feature was introduced, everything worked fine when leaving audio drop down blank

Sorry, I really tried to make it as short as possible, looking forward to v4,
Dundurs
watchfulone  
#29 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 1:22:46 AM(UTC)
watchfulone

Man

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 14 post(s)
fordry wrote:
A lower bitrate output setting for the dvd file save setting like 2000 or 3000, or just the ability to set the bitrate manually instead of presets? My church needs to be able to have a dvd done immediately after the service and the current settings result in files too large for a single disc which means they have to be re-encoded which takes too much time.

side note, we haven't payed yet because we are still working out what our setup will be. There are various committees involved with a rather significant upgrade to much of the technical systems at the church and it is taking quite a while for it to be finalized. Once it is, we will most likely be buying both an HD and SD Edition license.

Hi Fully agree with this request as i experience the same trouble ever Sunday at my Church can't ready a DVD immediately after church because i have to edith those large files first which take time, but if that DVD feature could be added to vmix 4 Mpeg2 and at the right bit rate and resolution 720X480 then i could produce a DVD right after each Service on a Sunday.

P.S. I think you should do this one first. Thank Bro.

P.S. And one more thing might I suggest a brand new Stdio interface for vMix and, one that operates like say Window Media Center, or other OS, O.K. let me be clearer the ability to log into or out of vMix or Windows like a dual boot screen, not from the BIOS stage but when windows loads, so that loggin into vMix would allow VMix to have the full use of system resources. Something like Newtek tricaster.
admin  
#30 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 7:47:19 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

dundurs wrote:

1. sometimes after loosing focus (we use other software simultensoulsy with vMix, for example skype, teamviewer) vMix becomes unresponsive and it takes a couple of minutes to get back to normal. this has been noticed on more than one computer

This will be fixed in the v4 release.
admin  
#31 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 8:09:58 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

As an update regarding API support.
v4 will include a basic API that can be used to run any command that is currently only possible by setting up a shortcut button.

For example:

http://127.0.0.1:8080/api/?Function=Fade&Input=2

Some additional functions will also be added including AudioOn and AudioOff commands for situations where as simple toggle is not suitable.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
fordry  
#32 Posted : Wednesday, June 20, 2012 5:47:44 PM(UTC)
fordry

Another thing that would be nice, I know you updated the settings for the tickers in the last version but its still a bit clumsy to figure out how much time you need to set to display the text you want to run. Would it be possible to make the tickers able to recognize the content and just show everything that is input, perhaps with basic formatting such as a space for each "enter" in the text area or something? Would make it far more usable for quickly popping in some announcements or something and then turning it on and letting it go for a while without having to preview it and try to figure out how long you need to set it to run through everything.
ClementN  
#33 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:04:37 AM(UTC)
ClementN

Romania

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 11 post(s)
Our "safe recording" goal is still open :)

So I think it will be great if we can have 2 different recordings each one with its own settings (encoder, path etc).

admin  
#34 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 11:14:14 AM(UTC)
admin

Man

fordry,

In the latest release the ticker will run from left to right in the time set in the text editor.
So the time sets the speed it takes for that text to travel across the screen in full.
How would you suggest this be improved?

Regards,

Martin
vMix
nist24  
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 21, 2012 7:04:06 PM(UTC)
nist24

Man

Hi Martin,

I have some other features I'd wish to have. Most of them are easy to get done.

It refers to the record tool. It should be possible to choose which overlays have to be respected for recording (overlay 1, 2, 3 or 4). This way I could record a clean feed without the station ident for example.

It also would be more logical if overlay 1 was on the very top. Then ovelay 2 on layer 2, overlay 3 on layer 3 and so on. But now I always have to set the station ident on overlay 4 to be the one on the very top.

It would be nice to have a "cue" button at every input. Pressing this button does set this input into a virtual cue list. As soon as the actual input (video, audio etc.) has finished, the input with the pressed "cue" button automatically starts.

I think it would be more logical to use red instead of green for the program colour.

Isn't it possible to use a real start symbol instead of ">"? :)

Could you improve the positioning tool by adding the ability to position items by typing in pixel values?
The way it is actually is very hard to use. Please also add the ability to type in degree values.

Why is the "crop" feature in the positioning tool deactivated? When I do multi views I often need to crop the overlay inputs but its not possible.

I'm glad to get a short feedback from you about my feature wishes.

Thank you and best regards,

Nicolas
mh166  
#36 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 7:05:12 AM(UTC)
mh166

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 5 post(s)
admin wrote:
Thanks for all of your suggestions so far.
Some of the suggestions are quite large in scope so they most likely won't be in v4 but will be considered for future versions.

A couple of points about some of the smaller features suggested so far:

Those are great news! I'm really much looking forward to the next release.

I just want to take the chance and thank you very very much! It's just unbelievable how much you care about user feedback. 3 months ago when I found this great piece of software, I'd never had thought that eventually my humble (and even my not so humble) wishes may be incorporated.

Of course everybody knows, that not all of our proposals can fit into the next release. But I must admit, having the API available already in the next release ... is something I didn't expect to happen.

So thank you very much for all your hard work!!
fordry  
#37 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 5:56:53 PM(UTC)
fordry

admin wrote:
fordry,

In the latest release the ticker will run from left to right in the time set in the text editor.
So the time sets the speed it takes for that text to travel across the screen in full.
How would you suggest this be improved?

ahhh, I hadn't used it yet, was under the impression the time was the amount of time it would run before restarting with no regards to how quickly the text moved like it used to be. Thanks for clarifying that and sorry I didn't check more closely.
admin  
#38 Posted : Friday, June 22, 2012 11:36:37 PM(UTC)
admin

Man

Some big improvements are being added to the Video Delay feature including:

* Attach video delays directly to cameras.
* New buttons to provide easy access to record and playback speed options.
* Save button with option to quickly save last 10,20,30 or 60 seconds to MPEG-2 (Windows 7 or higher only)

Regards,

Martin
vMix
dundurs  
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 2:38:31 AM(UTC)
dundurs

Was thanked: 45 time(s) in 22 post(s)
admin wrote:
Some big improvements are being added to the Video Delay feature including:

* Attach video delays directly to cameras.
* New buttons to provide easy access to record and playback speed options.
* Save button with option to quickly save last 10,20,30 or 60 seconds to MPEG-2 (Windows 7 or higher only)

vMix

Yeah, you made my day!
ber142  
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 23, 2012 7:08:37 PM(UTC)
ber142

I can't wait for the next version! Nice work Martin.

Regards, Hanno