logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ON.tv Channels  
#1 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 3:17:05 AM(UTC)
ON.tv Channels

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I see Martin has just added the AKAIAPC40MK2 to the list of shortcut templates - great!

So my question is does anyone know how to actually take a newly made template (which is obviously set as current) 'export' it = already a button to do this which produces a file with '.vMixShortcutTemplate' extension.

(The vMix ones appear to reside in the main vMix directory > shortcuts > templates with a diagram in the diagram directory)

So once you have the new file is there any way to take this template and import it into another PC, so that it shows up as a new template option in the drop-down list? i.e. works like the shortcut templates already listed in vMix

TIA

John

ask  
#2 Posted : Saturday, October 3, 2015 5:37:05 AM(UTC)
ask

Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
On the Shortcuts page, go to TEMPLATES, Select CURRENT, Select EXPORT, Browse to your preferred folder, name you file, select SAVE.

To Import, use the import option.

If you use a cloud service like dropbox it makes transfer easy.
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
ON.tv Channels on 10/4/2015(UTC)
ON.tv Channels  
#3 Posted : Sunday, October 4, 2015 1:53:50 AM(UTC)
ON.tv Channels

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
ask wrote:
On the Shortcuts page, go to TEMPLATES, Select CURRENT, Select EXPORT, Browse to your preferred folder, name you file, select SAVE.

To Import, use the import option.

If you use a cloud service like dropbox it makes transfer easy.

Thanks for your advice - I had already tried that but this only produces an over-written 'current' template - what I was trying to get at was, is it possible to add to the current Martin vMix template drop-down list so one has a library of templates available and these could be moved around different PC/laptops and even shared on this forum for other users to benefit from!

Maybe it's a coding issue and not so simple to do, but with this great new midi controller feature added to vMix it would be good to be able to add midi controllers without needing to wait for them to possibly appear via vMix future development?

TIA John