logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madness  
#1 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 11:53:47 AM(UTC)
madness

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
So, vmix 16 now adds more controllers for setting up shortcuts.
I see support for the ShuttleProV2 and XKeys listed, but am wondering what is required for them to function with vMix?

I have an older ShuttlePro (V1) and an older XKeys Jog Shuttle USB that was one of the first units using the Special HID input mode.

The Shuttle pro and ShuttleProV2 appear to use the same control software, so I'm curious as to why vMix doesn't see it when I use find.

The Xkeys is a little different. Ever since updating from XP, I can't see the device in the Macroworks software, but I can see it through the XKeys SDK examples.

And finally, I have this new Apex SteelSeries gaming keyboard that has an additional 22 macro keys on it, and none are seen via vMix.

I have to assume that any supported device is running the included software needed to run it with other programs, so the ShuttlePro control panel, and MacroWorks need installed to support the XKeys and ShuttleProV2 devices you support.

In order to get my devices to work, I have to work around with assigning shortcuts to the buttons in the supported software, and then use them to trigger vMix. Find simply doesn't work.

As these are special HID devices, I would think they would be just as visible as those with direct support.

Could you explain the differences in what is supported, and those that are not?
Why is it my devices, using the same support software as those supported in vMix, cannot be seen in vMix?
admin  
#2 Posted : Sunday, September 20, 2015 12:02:41 PM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4161 time(s) in 1494 post(s)
Each HID device has a unique device ID and a unique way of working.
To make things simple, we use this interface bypassing any software that is installed.

This means we have to manually add support for each device, so the older ShuttlePro won't work
as we don't have that available for testing, and my guess is the same issue applies with the older X-Keys jog shuttle.

thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
madness on 9/20/2015(UTC)