logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
HWL1223  
#1 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 4:18:25 AM(UTC)
HWL1223

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
I am going nuts about this and of course I have a client in need!
First, anything I stream to my CDN (on Amazon Web Services) looks great and works flawlessly. But no matter how I configure vMix, and/or AFLME, and/or OBS, I cannot get a solid stream up. I get "YouTube is not receiving enough video to maintain smooth streaming.", and indeed I am dropping almost 50% of my frames. Playback just buffers...
I think I'm obviously configured correctly as I have smoking-good CDN encodes and plays. Anyone have any ideas?
Super low CPU, low network bitrate count; using different machines with BM Intensity Pro and Decklink cards. And I tried both manual and Event configuration with the same terrible YouTube results. And I read a ton of YouTube settings guides.
Thanks
Speegs  
#2 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 5:36:43 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
HWL wrote:
I am going nuts about this and of course I have a client in need!
First, anything I stream to my CDN (on Amazon Web Services) looks great and works flawlessly. But no matter how I configure vMix, and/or AFLME, and/or OBS, I cannot get a solid stream up. I get "YouTube is not receiving enough video to maintain smooth streaming.", and indeed I am dropping almost 50% of my frames. Playback just buffers...
I think I'm obviously configured correctly as I have smoking-good CDN encodes and plays. Anyone have any ideas?
Super low CPU, low network bitrate count; using different machines with BM Intensity Pro and Decklink cards. And I tried both manual and Event configuration with the same terrible YouTube results. And I read a ton of YouTube settings guides.
Thanks

I was also streaming today and also had problems with Youtube.

Almost identical problems. (But I have a unique workflow). Vmix --> Wowza (all good) --> Youtube (loads of problems).

Internet connection was 52mbit down 32mbit up today, so it wasn't an issue.

I stream to a server first, it was playing the video flawless. The server uses rtmp republish to forward a copy on to Youtube Live.

I do this because our streaming server is for our Premium Viewers and has < 3 seconds latency. However Youtube Live is always around 30-40 seconds latency. (This event latency doesn't really matter)

I saw all the same error messages on a 4mbit stream to Youtube.

At the end of the event, some parts of the video are just missing:

We had an open Mic (because I was stuffing around trying to figure out why Youtube was playing up and missed the mute button on Vmix), but that wasn't a big problem we delete the sound for the final video, this is mainly streamed live because we can. I really just want the recorded files, which were perfect :)

So I think based on your post and my experience. Youtube was slightly broken today or experiencing network issues (from Australia anyway).
HWL1223  
#3 Posted : Saturday, September 19, 2015 10:41:55 AM(UTC)
HWL1223

Man

Was thanked: 6 time(s) in 6 post(s)
still a no go this morning. The raw AFLME output looks fine and shows no dropped frames, but YT is unusable. I am on their forum board so I shall see where that goes. Their requirements seem too restrictive to me - when I go to a job I have no idea what live video the client will hand me nor the network in the venue. Amazon Web Services (Wowza) always work!
Thanks