logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
homeless  
#1 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 12:53:02 PM(UTC)
homeless

Groups: Guests

Was thanked: 5 time(s) in 3 post(s)
I use vmix to send video to projector with nonstandart proportions - size of screen is 14x3,5m. I prepare background screen(or video) to all size of this screen (resize or crop extraneous) with some multiview video(or pics) on left and right sides of screen. Central part of screen i use to send video in ovelray option (PIP) - its needed to prevent distorsion of video - to save proportions (16:9).
But i need to use some monitors-repeaters for presidium (peoples which seat in scene and can't see main projector screen - it is behind). If i simple duplicate video from projector - this monitors present screen only in part of screen. I try to use "external output" in vmix to this monitors with checked "overlay1"- i think that i get only content setted to "overlay1", but i view background too.

Can i assign "AUX" - External output to view only content sended to overlay ? (and to full screen independed from settings to this overlay in main output)

UserPostedImage

In current moment i create fullscreen content output in one server, send it to splitter - one(2-3-4) output(s) of this splitter sends signal to repeaters monitors, and one output of this splitter sends to capture card (blackmagic) in second server. In second server i create background screen, logos and overlayed window of capturing card. But if i work with videooperators - i have big delays...
IceStream  
#2 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:17:51 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ homeless

Short answer is YES.

Long answer is second assignable output is only available in vMix versions 4K and Pro.

http://www.vmixhd.com/purchase.aspx

Ice
homeless  
#3 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 1:43:06 PM(UTC)
homeless

NO - i send my video to projector over "fullscreen" option and try to send "overlay1" over blackmagik. And i don't needed to second assignable output in new versions of vMix. But if in new version i can send content assigned to overlay in oirginal size to second output - i try to update software.
IceStream  
#4 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 4:31:05 PM(UTC)
IceStream

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 470 post(s)
@ homeless

Not sure I completely understand your 'needs' or what you are trying to accomplish, what version and edition of vMix are you currently using?
AFAIK, no major changes have been made with respect to "Output" options in vMix 16.
All versions will give you a "Fullscreen" display option and "Recording/External" option. 4K and Pro will also give you a second "External" option.
If you are only using a single 'External' output version, you should be able to select the "Input#" you want to send and record, in your case, the actual input you are using for the overlay (not the selectable Overlay channel itself), as the "Recording/External" output. The downside to this is that that then becomes the 'defacto' output for streaming and recording, and I am not so sure that is what you want to do, but it will accomplish the goals as you have outlined.

Ice
homeless  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, September 2, 2015 8:03:36 AM(UTC)
homeless

I try "Record/External" option - but main video (full screen) sended to it always and checkboxes for overlays only switch overlays sending. Use assigning inputs to external - it is very hard in live work.

In this schema i try to say what i need

UserPostedImage