logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
madness  
#21 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2015 8:16:07 PM(UTC)
madness

Groups: Registered
Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Installed the c920 software from the website, and they ended up being the same drivers I already had installed.

Turns out that with this configuration, I think I can do what I need to with these settings. I may tweak them a little further, but not much I suspect. the one camera I set to 29.97 fps was to prevent flickering when viewing a monitor. everything else is fine at 24fps.

I know I'll need a couple more inputs for lower thirds, desktop capture, and possibly another video input, so I'll be checking that out as well.
If I can't get it to work, then an upgrade is the next option.

Unless of course, someone has a suggestion to salvage more resources to get it.
mjgraves  
#22 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 5:28:47 PM(UTC)
mjgraves

Man
United States

Was thanked: 263 time(s) in 233 post(s)
madness wrote:

4 of these are USB webcams...
1x Lifecam studio 1920x1080@ 24fps yuy2
2x c270 1280x720 24fps RGB24
1x c920 1920x1080 29.97 fps RGB24

You may be able to tune the webcams some.

Does the source video from the webcams get displayed full frame? If not, set each for an output resolution closer to what gets used in the scene. That will minimize the amount of scaling to be done on each stream. Also the bandwidth required across the USB connections.

You may also fine it better to set all the webcams to a frame rate that is common to the scene. That eliminates needing to do any funny frame dropping/duplication to match the frame rate of the scene.

Michael
madness  
#23 Posted : Thursday, August 27, 2015 8:05:56 PM(UTC)
madness

Man

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 29 post(s)
mjgraves wrote:
madness wrote:

4 of these are USB webcams...
1x Lifecam studio 1920x1080@ 24fps yuy2
2x c270 1280x720 24fps RGB24
1x c920 1920x1080 29.97 fps RGB24

You may be able to tune the webcams some.

Does the source video from the webcams get displayed full frame? If not, set each for an output resolution closer to what gets used in the scene. That will minimize the amount of scaling to be done on each stream. Also the bandwidth required across the USB connections.

You may also fine it better to set all the webcams to a frame rate that is common to the scene. That eliminates needing to do any funny frame dropping/duplication to match the frame rate of the scene.

Michael

currently, 3 of the 4 cams display full screen.
The C920 actually is physically placed in a portrait stance, and then rotated in vMix 90 degrees for proper orientation, and then this is zoomed in slightly.
I then create 3 virtual inputs that have motion background, and then different zones of the camera Y position on each of the 3 inputs that I can merge between.

That is a podium camera, and allows me to adjust to speakers of different heights.