logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
carlosowusu  
#1 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2015 9:51:12 AM(UTC)
carlosowusu

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Hello,

Just curious, but what is the fastest way to reproduce a Master DVD right after a church service? I have
a client who would like produce DVDs right after the sermon. He currently uses VMix to produce the program
and records to MPEG-2 @ 720X576, 5MBPs, MPG. He burns using Wondershare (which takes 30minutes) and replicates
using a Microboards 1:10 duplicator (another 10minutes). By this time, 75% of the church population have left.
Guys using VMix to master to DVD, how do you do it?

Thanks!
Speegs  
#2 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2015 7:25:45 PM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Hello,

Firstly make sure your burning software has to do very little conversion. I've never used the one you are using. I usually use the free CDBurnerXP, but never been in a huge hurry.

Secondly make sure you are using fast discs for your master and a fast drive. Maybe this would help: http://darrenyates.com.a...test-dvd-burn-speed/1895

Maybe you could get it down to 10 minutes, but it's never going to be faster than that I don't think.

See how you go, these are just pointers, I'm more concerned with Youtube delivery (which is streamed and kept by youtube since live became available).
joe1378  
#3 Posted : Saturday, August 8, 2015 8:43:20 PM(UTC)
joe1378

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 3 post(s)
This remind me old times. .jajaja. no that much, but 3 or 4 years ago.
I used do the same.
What I see they still use sd quality(720 x 486 or 720 x 576) and that is good for next setup.

Ok I used out of Pc to Blackmagic DVI Extender
then to Blackmagic SDI to Analog then to the Sony vrd-mc10(https://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-home.pl?mdl=VRDMC10) or vrd mc5.
Or a dvd recorder.

The advantage of sony MC10 is the custom menu option, you can choose a picture for menu of the dvd.
After service end, finalize the dvd and make copies.

1-Pc
2-Blackmagic DVI Extender( https://i1.creativecow.net/u/1/dviextender34.jpg )
3-Blackmagic SDI to Analog( http://www.syndicate.se/...converter-SDI-Analog.jpg )
4-SOny VRD-MC5,6 or 10 or DVD RECORDER ( https://esupport.sony.co...odel-home.pl?mdl=VRDMC10 )
5-Duplicator

This setup gave me good results ,before I change to record in HD

I hope this help you.

Joe1378
nucas  
#4 Posted : Wednesday, August 19, 2015 10:49:18 AM(UTC)
nucas

Hi carlosowuso,

My experience on the matter of fast DVD delivery after sermon:

Use SD 720X576 MPG2-TS recording in vMix
Set recording in vMix to record a new file every 5 minutes.
Use Adobe Media Encoder "AME"(comes bundled with Adobe Premiere).
Open AME and select the folder were your files are beeing recorded as your "watch folder" in AME.
In AME choose the MPG2-DVD preset and change it to max quality 5, Dolby Digital Audio (not PCM), CBR at 8 MBS (it will give you a little over an hour on 4.7Gb DVDs.
Use Adobe Encore to produce the DVD Image File.
Use Nero or other CD/DVD burning software to burn your DVDS.

What you need in terms of main hardware (as an example):
Cooler Master Storm Trooper ATX case (can take 9 DVD burners, 10 with some DIY)
An SSD.
DVD burners.
A recent Intel i7 quad/exa/octocore processor and motherboard with plenty of SATA ports (for your SSD and DVD burners and PCIE slots for your capture cards.
An NVIDIA GPU as per vMix requirements.
A good power suplly (750W minimum.

How it works:
Every 5 minutes vMix produces a new file.
Adobe Media Encoder imediatly converts that file into an MPG2 and an AC3 file. The conversion from MPG2-TS to MPG2-DVD is quick (on my machine, an old 8 core Xeon from 2006, takes about 1 minute.
As soon as vMix produces another 5 minute recording file it is imediatly converted by AME. That way, you only have to wait for the encoding of the last file.
After the last file is converted by AME, you can import all the MPG2 amd AC3 files into Adobe Encore and produce you DVD image. Using an SSD on my system it takes about a minute.
With the image file done you can burn right away the number of DVDs equal to the number of DVD burners your motherboard supports. Using recent burners, a DVD can be burned in about 5 minutes (16x speed).

Whats diferent in this workflow is that you don't have to wait for the computer to convert the whole sermon in one go, and you burn right away some DVDs (instead of burning a master and then duplicating it on the duplicator machine).
Adobe Encore will accept all your 5 minute files (just put them in sequence in the timeline)and produce your DVD image file with no trouble.

On my system, one SSD can cope with vMix recording and AME encoding at the same time without droped frames.

Sorry for the long post. Hope it helps.

May the Good Lord bless us all,
nucas
fordry  
#5 Posted : Wednesday, August 26, 2015 9:37:10 AM(UTC)
fordry

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 12 post(s)
What I have done is use a free program called DVDStyler. Its a really nice, very simple program that can build a menu for you simply and burn your video to DVD. I don't remember settings right off but you can get DVDStyler matched to the Vmix output for DVD to the point where it only needs to re-encode the audio to burn the DVD. You can build your menu, drag and drop in the video files to the spots you want them, and then hit the burn button and it quickly does the audio then burns the disc. Done in less than 10 minutes. Can't recall if it can burn to multiple drives at once, we have a standalone duplicator so that hasn't been a priority.