logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
ykhwong  
#1 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 3:30:18 AM(UTC)
ykhwong

Groups: Registered

Hello, thanks for your hard work for the development of vMix, one of the greatest products that I have ever used.
I just wonder if you can implement a preview window for PowerPoint slides in the future?
Some other applications that I tried already support the feature and this could be very useful and convenient if it were added to vMix.
Fortunately, going to specific slide is possible, but I cannot preview the slides. So I had to open both PowerPoint 2010 (64bit) and vMix at the same time for me to decide which slide to be displayed to the output.

For another feature request: Can you add a button called "Reload PowerPoint presentation file"? To refresh my changes on the slides, I had to reload the preset or add a new input for the same presentation file.
Also, I know that only static slides are supported but it would be better to add an option to toggle animation for PowerPoint. Though it could be CPU demanding, using PowerPoint animation is much simpler and easier to me than importing Flash/xaml animation.

Sorry for my poor English as I am not a native speaker of the language. Let me know if you don't understand anything that I mentioned above.
Thanks for reading.
admin  
#2 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 6:29:03 AM(UTC)
admin

Groups: Administrators
Man

Was thanked: 4136 time(s) in 1487 post(s)
Thankyou for your suggestion regarding slide previews. I will keep this in mind for a future version.

As for animation, PowerPoint does not support exporting animation so there is no way for vMix to access them at this time.

Regards,

Martin
vMix
thanks 1 user thanked admin for this useful post.
ykhwong on 3/24/2012(UTC)
ykhwong  
#3 Posted : Saturday, March 24, 2012 10:47:47 AM(UTC)
ykhwong

Groups: Registered

Thanks for your quick reply. Chroma keying + PowerPoint slides, this is the best combination to me. Since PowerPoint 2007, glow option has been provided to give a color border(stroke) to the text. It replaces any other expensive character generators (except for the animation feature).