logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
tfmeier  
#1 Posted : Saturday, June 13, 2015 11:50:54 AM(UTC)
tfmeier

Groups: Registered

For a live stream playing videos I created an overlay with the relevant "show title". Given this is an overlay I can call this at "will" during production.

Can I create an equivalent action with an audio sample where the sample is a short clip saying for example "friday night mix by x". This sample is then called either via shortcut "at will" or triggered.

Is this possible and easily done?
thanks
Speegs  
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 14, 2015 1:31:20 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
tfmeier wrote:
For a live stream playing videos I created an overlay with the relevant "show title". Given this is an overlay I can call this at "will" during production.

Can I create an equivalent action with an audio sample where the sample is a short clip saying for example "friday night mix by x". This sample is then called either via shortcut "at will" or triggered.

Is this possible and easily done?
thanks

Couldn't you create a list (doesn't have to be video), just with audio files like shown here:

http://www.vmixhd.com/help15/index.htm If you expland Inputs --> Add Input --> List in the help it shows how it works with video, but audio is the same.

Set your mixer up so the volume is correct and turn off the "automatically play next item" checkbox. So you could select the audio file you wanted quickly from the list by a right click on that list input.

I think that would do what you want, but best you run a few tests.
tfmeier  
#3 Posted : Monday, June 22, 2015 7:54:28 PM(UTC)
tfmeier

Thanks @Speegs. That worked.

Having played a bit more with vMix I'd like to put together a play list with a selection of videos. Had a go with the playlist feature and it works well for auto play - especially like the great transitions to smoothen the transition and take away the 'hard' transition from one video to the next. Put a couple of overlays into the mix and maybe even assign a couple of cool audio samples/hooks to shortcuts and trigger these from the web interface on an iPad etc.

If I wanted to be able to play selected videos from the playlist because I may have a request for a particular video it gets a bit more tricky. The list feature you mentioned in the earlier post allows me to choose specific videos but I lose the transition available in the playlist.

Is it possible to have transitions via the list input feature or 'enable' the ability to select specific videos in a playlist while the playlist is running?
Speegs  
#4 Posted : Tuesday, June 23, 2015 6:42:13 AM(UTC)
Speegs

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
What about two lists inputs? Basically you could select your video from list 1. Transition how you please (Cut, Fade, Zooms, Wipes, Fly etc) just before the video from list 2 is complete.

Just don't fall asleep at the wheel. List 1 and 2 could have all the same files in them if you wanted.