logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
darp  
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 7, 2015 8:18:57 PM(UTC)
darp

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
Put this question up in General Discussion, but Hardware Compatibility might be better place Here is original: http://forums.vmix.com.a....aspx?g=posts&t=3778

Hi, I have been playing infomercials on a OTA low power station and am transitioning to my own programming. When I have no programming overnite want to switch back to the infomercials. The box is at unattended shack. I will put in win7 box with vMix to feed transmitter (remote controlled). So how to switch?

If I could bring the infobox in as a camera/source always playing then select it to switch to it, that would be cool.

It outputs SDI or composite to the transmitter now.

If I could take into the PC the composite to USB through one of those $25 adapters and vMix would see it like a USB cam, that would be very easy.

Another possibility is using the router which hooks up both boxes to internet to network connect, but have feeling it might be hard to see that like a camera with vMix.

The shack is 200 miles from me, so would like to figure this out before going there.

Anyone have some ideas on this? Ever tried similar? Concept is an easy cheap simple way to get a win7 box with vMix to see composite output from another box as a source.

Was thanked: 0 time(s) in 0 post(s)

Good news. I talked to infomercial box company about this. He said to use a supported input card and sent me the vMix list. His favored board was $1800. Since all that board would do is take in SD in composite or SDI to make it available to vMix as a camera source (i hoped) so I can run infomercials at nite by switching to that box via the card as a source in vMix it seemed overkill.

Found a Pinnacle Dazzle had bot 18 months ago from something else. Its about $60 new and $35 used. AND it just plugs into a USB2 or better and runs off the USB power. It just does composite or SVHS, no SDI.

Could not find the install disc but found this http://cdn.pinnaclesys.c...nstaller/readmeHW10.htm

And installed the driver, just the driver for win7 for Dazzle DVC100. Pinnacle support was hard to get anything from. It is designed to just work with Pinnacle video software.

Then I decided to see if vMix could see the Dazzle playing out a VHS tape deck that was being input as composite.

Said a prayer literally, opened up New Input/Camera and there was the DazzleDVC100. Said another prayer and selected it and bingo vMix was playing the Dazzle output thru USB2 just fine!

Have now played it for an hour, works flawless, video and audio.

Note the infomercials are 640x480 at 29.97fps, That is the max res Dazzle can put out, 640x480 or 720x480.

Its wonderful when something works. The tiny fist sized cabled to "box" does not even warm up.

The only problem I have seen is that vMix does not halt the Dazzle feed all that easy, quick play of a disc file does not work. It seems to take three clicks, if Dazzle source is 1 then click on 2 for new source and click off audio on dazzle next and turn on audio for 2 source. The Dazzle then keeps playing in its source box at bottom.

Minor issue, and very pleased with outcome and hope is of use to others. A $35 capture device that requires no opening of the PC, think it works with Macs too, and vMix recognizes it.

Cheers