logo

Live Production Software Forums

Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
billcap  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 12:00:16 PM(UTC)
billcap

Groups: Registered

Howdy and Help!

The question: why does vMix always report that every resolution I select for capturing with the DM GC1000 is not supported?

I've used the USB 2 GC1000 device for 2 years. It works. I capture in S-Video, component, and HDMI modes. In VMR Type - EVR, vMix doesn't see it. In VMR-9, vMix sees the DM box, but will not accept any resolution (1920x1080, 1280x1024, 720x480, and others, at various frame rates - more combinations than I ever used with the DMCap software - updated). BTW, saved DMCap videos report 29 fps, which isn't an option in vMix, but I understand that frame rate numbers are often inaccurately stated.) I have tried the GC1000 in USB 2 and USB 3 ports.

ASUS CM1740 computer, 16 GB memory, AMD Radeon 6550D video card (updated), and every system requirement of vMix seems to be met or exceeded. I installed vMix for the first time today to see how it operates, and plan to buy the AVerMedia CV710 Extreme Cap USB 3 device along with an SSD.

I have tried both 64 and 32 bit versions of vMix.

Any ideas would by welcomed.

In the meantime, I will uninstall vMix and reinstall it.

Thanks.
ask  
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 3, 2015 5:59:01 PM(UTC)
ask

Groups: Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 199 time(s) in 181 post(s)
It appears not to have the correct Directshow drivers. The user guides indicate that other programs will not cature from this device either. You will have no issues with the Avermedia ExtremeCap u3
thanks 1 user thanked ask for this useful post.
billcap on 6/3/2015(UTC)